• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Do you have any unusual phobias?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Interview with a schizophrenic - Apple/ Spotify
I do feel that mature adults say 30+ really should not hide behind 'phobias' to make a social criticism of a person. Social rules have been there for millennia - we are not about to all walk on eggshells just because of this generation.

N

NoOne5

I don't know if this is a listed phobia by mental health professionals but I have "Biophobia." Terrified of all life forums including myself. Terrified of bodily functions such as breathing and heart beating. Weird I know. But life scares the Hell outta me. :panic::cry:

I'm not being sarcastic either. I really am terrified of life.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have an odd phobia. I am afraid of nuns. Growing up my mum told me awful stories of how the nuns treated her at school. She went to a Catholic school were the teachers were nuns. I guess that is where the phobia comes from.

jajingna

jajingna

We had nuns as teachers and principal in primary school. Talking forty years ago. Used to see them sometimes around town dressed in their habit. But have not seen that in a long, long time, in this town at least.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
We had nuns as teachers and principal in primary school. Talking forty years ago. Used to see them sometimes around town dressed in their habit. But have not seen that in a long, long time, in this town at least.
I see the odd nun about but not very often.

Lavender_Rose

Lavender_Rose

Tripophoboia. Like fear of the cluster of holes. I hate it so much. Even thinking about it makes my skin crawl. It not extreme but when something set me off it makes me wanna vomit.

Boudicca

Boudicca

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dont know if its a phobia. Still waiting to meet someone the same. I have a thing about bones. Looking at a shin bone on someone or a spine makes me feel ill. Touching is worse which has made it hard over the years with girl friends. Cant touch my own either. My collar bone especially frieks me out and when I get an itch it drives me nuts. Surely I can't be the only one in world with this? I can't even trace back to my childhood and work out why. Ive been like this since a kid
I’ve got a phobia of spinal cords! I can’t even look at one :panic:

Boudicca

Boudicca

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I also have a phobia of Skeletons and Centipedes and certain materials on Clothes. If I touch any of these materials i feel sick to my stomach and I flap my hands around whilst squealing in horror. I’m not even joking. :low::low:

Boudicca

Boudicca

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I also have a phobia of travelling long distances. Because of a traumatic experience when I was working and had to travel 4 hours there and back from work. I worked for a now defunct comedy club called Jongluers. I had really bad insomnia... which is a condition I’ve had for 22 years. In the 4 months I worked for jongluers I slept properly for one week. 7 days of sleep in 4 months. I was displaying strange behaviour at work . I keyhaving time off through sheer panic attacks and eventually I got sacked over the phone. I was so relieved because the first day of that job after going to my sister wedding ( for 3 days I was in Somerset for the wedding) Still with no sleep... I had to start this job. The worst time in my life. :low::low::sorry:

Seth

Seth

I have many, but I'd say that my most bizarre one is probably the inexplicable fear of the moon or haloes.

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

Mine is being upside down..if that's even a phobia! I'm alright if my feet are on the ground but I cannot do handstands or cartwheels or rollercoasters that go upside down...when I was a kid my grandpa used to pick me up and turn me upside down sometimes you know just playing around, but I was always too embarrassed to say it scared me! It makes me feel super uneasy and panicky!

W

wheat

I have anthropophobia a fear of people. So me being on here is a major step in facing it, in trying to interact and converse with other people. I am pretty nervous I must admit honesty then also know if I need to leave I can so at any time. Baby steps is all I can do at this time, we will see what happens, if anything.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have anthropophobia a fear of people. So me being on here is a major step in facing it, in trying to interact and converse with other people. I am pretty nervous I must admit honesty then also know if I need to leave I can so at any time. Baby steps is all I can do at this time, we will see what happens, if anything.
Hey humans are the worst. But you will find the best of humanity on here fella.