Do you have any unusual phobias?

K

khuang

For me my most unusual phobias are professional female bodybuilders, taxidermy animals, scorpions, and living in an apartment that is “too clean.” What are some unusual phobias you have or know about?

R

Ramson bangers

I am afraid of tissue paper. People have picked up on this and have chased me with tissue or throw tissue at me all my life:low:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I’m absolutely terrified of worms even typing the word makes me cringe. The kids laugh there head of at me when I’m gardening and see one cos I end up running in the house

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

It will be interesting to know what scares you in professional female bodybuilders 🤔

This is the first time hearing of such phobia.

I have 2 but I don’t think they are unusual. I am afraid of heights and spiders.

K

khuang

My sister once thought that I was pretending to be afraid of this store that was in our local mall that sold mostly scientific merchandise and some of the items had actual scorpions in them and I ran out terrified screaming because my cousin’s daughter kept shoving these items in my face and wouldn’t stop even though I asked her nicely to stop doing it. Taxidermy also terrifies me and I can’t really go into natural museums because of this. If a stuffed animal is inside glass and far from me I’m okay but being close to one without glass freaks me out. I actually had an anxiety attack in 10th grade during a biology class near the end of the school year because the senior prank that year involved adhering these stuffed animals that the teacher had to the ceiling and the turtle was directly above me and I freaked out so badly that I had a really bad panic attack and had to leave the room and I refused to go back in until everything was off the ceiling.

Something about female bodybuilders freak me out. I’m okay if women have some muscle definition and/or a six pack but when the muscles are huge I freak out looking at them.

megirl

megirl

I am scared of dolls sounds bizzare I remember as a child having nightmares about them as far back as I remember.
If someone gave me a doll I wouldn't be able to touch it they give me the creeps

Flameheart

Flameheart

I used to have an irrational fear of stomachs, watching my own move up and down grossed me out, even seeing models with photoshopped flat stomachs made me cringe. I'm over it now, not sure how because I never really confronted it

wolram

wolram

I have a phobia for heights, for cotton wool and pit bull terriers.
The phobia for cotton wool came about from when I had a broken leg the cotton wool was so itchy i poured some coke down it.
The phobia for pit bulls came about because i was bitten buy one.
The phobia of heights came about because i fell of a double extension ladder.

N

Neverhappy

Could you explain it more? Im intrigued. I studied psychology before so I love hearing new things. If you can of course or even want to!

I

Ian Haines

Hey no problem. Didnt mean to offend
You've offended nobody. I'm a security freak, and deep and personal expansion about this would too easily identify me to others I know, online, who also have mental health difficulties. I am not using any part of my real name, so it wouldn't be my name that gives me away. One of my mental health issues is Paranoid Personality Disorder - I've turned it into a security game and this is an example of that gameplay.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sirenserenade Phobia Forum 1