Do you have a specific phobia.. how do you deal with it, or can't you?

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

ive just volunteered to be on the spider end of cleaning out my friends nanas shed

they are arachnophobic

I'm not! whch makes no sense bc most will be Redbacks aka the most toxic spider bite known to man!

come here you hairy little critters, come give me a hug!
I don't have a phobia of spiders either. It's funny because women are stereotypically thought to be afraid of spiders.

O

ozma aveisan

I have same phobia and its overwhelming. Last time i threw up i was about 5 years old. Now im 30. The fear of it is mentally draining and im on medication now. I wanted to kill myself because im TIRED of being scared and all those psychiatrists are just a waste of money

K

khuang

I have a phobia of scorpions. Cartoonish scorpions and ones in video games don’t bother me. But pictures of them and the one scene from Skyfall freak me out. I’m also afraid of guns. Not gun owners but the actual gun. Rubber ballloons also frighten me. But the worst phobias I have are abandonment and my home being too clean. Cleaning gives me so much anxiety that I keeep putting it off and then I have to clean so much it becomes overwhelming to me.

bluekii

bluekii

I have

• Tipulophobia (phobia of crane flies)
  • Trypanophobia (phobia of needles)

My needle phobia isn't as bad as it used to be, but I haven't had to have an injection in a while so it might be back to square one, we'll find out. What helped me was having someone there with me to clutch onto, and having the nurse count down so I had complete control of the situation and knew when everything was happening.

My crane fly phobia... I don't know how to make that better, haha.

Yoona~939

Yoona~939

I have

• Tipulophobia (phobia of crane flies)
  • Trypanophobia (phobia of needles)

My needle phobia isn't as bad as it used to be, but I haven't had to have an injection in a while so it might be back to square one, we'll find out. What helped me was having someone there with me to clutch onto, and having the nurse count down so I had complete control of the situation and knew when everything was happening.

My crane fly phobia... I don't know how to make that better, haha.

You're very brave, my friend really struggles with fear of needles. :hug:

Now crane flies... Think they're what we call "daddy long legs" in the UK? I'm terrified of those! I dread the months they're due to come around, thankfully they've been absent for ages. So peaceful. I always run like the wind when one is flying around the room.

M

Mr Ploppy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The Police, I have good reason to have a phobia about them, but won’t go into detail, suffice to say I have a clean enhanced CRB check.

How can I deal with it, the police are literally everywhere.

Last edited:
daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Helminthophobia. This started in childhood and I can only think it was my evil sister chasing me with worms and sticking them down my dress. I’ve tried to control it but can’t stand to even see a picture of them . When I looked up the name of the phobia there was a great hobbble cluster of them above the word. So came straight off the site. The kids laugh like mad when I’m gardening cos I spend more time running round

Claustrophobia def know where this came from. My husband locked me in an dirty old brick shed and fell drunk asleep and forgot and I was in there all night. I can never have doors completely closed. And have a very light bedroom with the door open. Strangely it wasn’t the spiders I was scared of it was the dark

K

khuang

Most of my phobias are easy to avoid and aren’t very common things you come across daily. The easy ones are taxidermy animals, scorpions, rubber balloons, and female bodybuilders. The one that is semi easy to avoid but not always is guns. The sight of them freak me out. The only ones that aren’t easy to control by avoiding them are the fears of making new friends and being abandoned. Therapy is helping me deal with the last two.