Do you have a specific phobia.. how do you deal with it, or can't you?

amathus

amathus

For some strange reason I have a phobia for crocodiles / alligators, if I see one it makes me shudder and feel sick.

subvertedeye

subvertedeye

Vomiting. But after vomiting (a long while since the last time) I realised actually it is a relief from the nausea. But I carry a plastic bag and pepto bismol with me just in case.

B

bagpuss

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have serious phobia of being around people, no eye contact, wont let no one walk behind me, avoid all and every contact with people at every opportunity.

I know the answer lies within me, but hell I don't like being near people.

I love chattin on here though! just don't walk behind me, catch me drift me homy's

innit

lazerz

B

bagpuss

ACCOUNT CLOSED
But how would we know we were behind you?
it would not be possible TC, I don't go out period.

only mums and hospital, not even to empty my own shit in the bin.

I was cracking a joke when I said just don't walk behind me.:unsure: sorry am weird like that

I know I need to sort myself out and hopefully I can mix with the normal people soon

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
it would not be possible TC, I don't go out period.

only mums and hospital, not even to empty my own shit in the bin.

I was cracking a joke when I said just don't walk behind me.:unsure: sorry am weird like that
sorry it's my warped sense of humour getting me in trouble again :hug1:

S

SpaceTurtle

I'm scared of big spiders, and cockroaches and big moths.

K

KSlove90

Good morning!

Currently have a fear of vomiting or falling ill, in public mostly. About 5 years ago I became very ill and was hospitalized with a stomach virus. While waiting to be admitted I ended up throwing up infront of a few people. I hadn't vomited in years at that point and the feeling was so horrible for me. Since then I have had emetophobia and some agoraphobia although I am not house bound whatsoever. I carry tums with me because any funny or different feeling I have in my stomach or body, I attribute to the stomach virus I 'may' have. I have vomited since the initial incident and it was horrible but I got through it! Thankfully i was at my home.

Have had GAD since high school and been on a few different medications to control my anxieties.

Would love to hear your thoughts! This is a daily struggle for me. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks for reading!

T

themagenta12

I hate fingernails and the skin under they are painful to me. I want them off my body, they are so gross and no purpose

U

Usernamesarehardtothinkof

@toasted crumpet

Hey I know you posted a couple of years ago so I'm not holding out for a response, but wondered if you ever got over this and how? I have the same and it's got out of hand lately. Would be nice to chat to someone who understands. Thanks!

Last edited:
BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

weirdly No

I'm not actually frightened of anything. Maybe its because I was beaten so much.

it can be a problem btw. To be utterly unafraid. Kind of like being impervious to pain, it sounds great but you find yourself walking around with half your foot hanging off and cant feel it.

I take risks because I have no fear.

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

weirdly No

I'm not actually frightened of anything. Maybe its because I was beaten so much.

it can be a problem btw. To be utterly unafraid. Kind of like being impervious to pain, it sounds great but you find yourself walking around with half your foot hanging off and cant feel it.

I take risks because I have no fear.
JEALOUS! That happened to me after that sparring class though. I lost being an adrenaline junkie! DAMMIT! :cry: I want to be that strong again!

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

Oh yes Theophobia too. I can't get over that, especially being a finite mortal and all.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

ive just volunteered to be on the spider end of cleaning out my friends nanas shed

they are arachnophobic

I'm not! whch makes no sense bc most will be Redbacks aka the most toxic spider bite known to man!

come here you hairy little critters, come give me a hug!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Phobia Forum 0
J Phobia Forum 3
S Phobia Forum 16
R Phobia Forum 1
N Phobia Forum 8