Do you have a pet?

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

Do you have a pet? After having kids, our first pets were fish, then we graduated to a cute, little yorkie named Sarah Cutiepie. Our daughter named her. Sarah was with us for 13 years before she got congestive heart failure and died in her sleep. Sometime I miss Sarah. She was such a good little dog.

Victorianna

Victorianna

I have five dogs, and one is a Yorkie named Abby. She is the sweetest thing. I’m sorry you lost Sarah. Do you ever think about getting another dog?

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

No, I don't really want another dog, at least not for awhile. I'm afraid a new dog would not be as nice as Sarah or that it might be a problem dog and then what would we do with it?

FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

I really want a house cat to look after. I am not in much though, so I have not done it yet. I also couldn't look after my parents dog if I got a cat.

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

When I was a boy, our family had dogs and cats in the same house.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi, Sarah is beautiful so sorry you lost her. I had a dog border collie for years, now have three house cats.

Mark_01

Mark_01

Forum Guide
I am more worried about Tinker's health than of my own. I would be devastated if I lost her. My death is merely academic. Happiness is a warm bed on a cold night with Tinker stretched out against me. When I sit in my large chair, my little warm spot sleeps in my lap. She asks me to stay home and not go to the store... she doesn't want to be left alone in the apartment. So much love in a little package. There are times when she wants me to hold her especially close. She licks my nose.

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

When I was a boy we had a hound dog named Boots that used to like to lie in front of our wood stove. I'd go up to her and pet her back and it would be so hot I would almost burn myself on her fur. Boots just loved laying in front of that wood stove. Well one day I came home from work and our little Yorkie, Sarah, was nowhere to be found. I finally found her down in the basement where our wood stove was and there she was laying in front of the wood stove just like the hound dog of my childhood. It just looked so funny seeing that little Yorkshire terrier by that big wood stove, loving it just as much as my old hound dog did. So I went over to Sarah and I lay down right next to her, pet her for awhile, enjoying the heat soaking into my back, and I fell asleep. So that became our ritual that winter. I'd get home from work and would go lay down in front of the wood stove next to Sarah for awhile.