Do you feel unsafe

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

on this forum? :cry::panic:

i sometimes do, it depends if i set myself off :sorry:

i'm trying not to but its hard :cry:

does anyone else feel unsafe on this forum simply due to their disorders being a arse? :sorry:

BetaMale

BetaMale

On the contrary, I find this forum one of the safest places on the web. It's anonymous and everyone is in the same boat as I, so I know I can get compassion and empathy.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I think I understand what your saying. I wouldn’t say I don’t feel safe but sometimes I feel pointless and that what I post is totally irrelevant. It’s purely down to being over sensitive and just because someone doesn’t respond to a post does not mean that that they are being nasty just that maybe they haven’t anything relevant to say.
Sendings hugs:grouphug:

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

On the contrary, I find this forum one of the safest places on the web. It's anonymous and everyone is in the same boat as I, so I know I can get compassion and empathy.
what i mean is do your disorders ever cause you to believe your not safe posting on the forum in case a bad thing happens?

idk if this makes better sense

i should go to bed

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Sometimes I think I give too much away about myself and then regret posting. And other times I have an absolute manic night and post all sorts of gibberish. But I think that’s all part of the illness and fortunately most people on here understand

E

EstherRose94

what i mean is do your disorders ever cause you to believe your not safe posting on the forum in case a bad thing happens?

i should go to bed
Sometimes I worry someone I know irl might find all of my posts. But I don’t worry so much anymore because I have grown a lot through talking to you all so it’s well worth it plus we don’t identify ourselves specifically enough.

Anyway I guess the worst case scenario would be potential embarrassment?

Nothing bad will happen midnight. Your posts are safe with us.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Sometimes I worry someone I know irl might find all of my posts. But I don’t worry so much anymore because I have grown a lot through talking to you all so it’s well worth it plus we don’t identify ourselves specifically enough.

Anyway I guess the worst case scenario would be potential embarrassment?

Nothing bad will happen midnight. Your posts are safe with us.
worst case scenario is forum staffs getting pissed off and throw me out for not being what they want me to be :panic::hidesbehindsofa:

or i cause harms to other members just by being anywhere near the forum :cry:

BetaMale

BetaMale

i should go to bed
I think you're being paranoid. As long as you don't reveal any personal information, you're safe here. This is just your OCD talking, midnight.

Flameheart

Flameheart

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I've only felt unsafe once when I stupidly trusted and overshared with someone, going as far as giving them information that could potentially give them the tools to track me down in real life, but other than that nah

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

i'm sorry i think i'm going through a stage of not trusting the forum staffs again in case they start the game of change what midnight says then punish her for what we changed her posts to then change it back again :cry:

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

When I'm experiencing PTSD symptoms I don't feel too safe posting.

Like right now

J

Jaye8525

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Exactly this.

When I enter a discussion the last thing I want to do is take it in a direction that leads to negativity.

Relationships through interaction on forums and instant messaging is often convoluted. That is the nature of the internet. All I can say is believe in yourself.

If you open up with honest and true intentions stay positive and believe others have the intuition to respond to you with your best interests at heart.

I hope this finds you on a good day. :)

J

E

EstherRose94

worst case scenario is forum staffs getting pissed off and throw me out for not being what they want me to be :panic::hidesbehindsofa:

or i cause harms to other members just by being anywhere near the forum :cry:
Oh don’t worry about that. You don’t post anything harmful and I don’t think you’ll be getting in trouble.

E

EstherRose94

i'm sorry i think i'm going through a stage of not trusting the forum staffs again in case they start the game of change what midnight says then punish her for what we changed her posts to then change it back again :cry:
That was on a different forum right? I think on here they just edit it for you to match forum rules. That happened to one of my posts once. And then I realized my post was potentially triggering and had them take it down even though it was edited and they did and it was fine.