• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Do you feel nobody cares?

T

toto

I don't know if you know that for the therapist, the diagnosis is not as important as what is behind it, what causes it. (Secondary benefits are sought sometimes, in other cases it is a psychotic structure due to a bad childhood) In the same way, it does not matter to me what you are diagnosed with. Unsuccessful attempts to deal with trauma are made in a completely different way. As far as the split personality ... I have no observations on this, but I think it's boring. When it comes to amnesia, I admit something about Siamese blitzkriegs, but I don't know if it wouldn't be seen on a scanner.

T

toto

A very nasty translation was obtained. At brd I have the feeling that behind this is a huge boredom and loneliness. Also, the parents did something wrong to break the child's personality in two. Another thing that does not translate correctly is that different mental illnesses are different attempts (unsuccessful) to deal with the trauma. I hope this time to translate correctly. My translator changes whole sentences, the meaning even changes at times.

L

lifecangetbetter

I think they are trying to understand schizophrenia, but the brain remains a mystery. We have a very limited understanding of how it works and are still discovering new parts and cells within the brain. Schizophrenia is complex, and at this point is just beyond knowing the causes. Little relief for those of us who live with it, but it’s where we are for now.
very complex is an UNDERstatement. the mind is extremely complex

Zero One

Zero One

I think the term scares some people. They don't understand and maybe don't want to as long as it's not them.
When I didn't know what it meant, I thought it was those people who are always nervous and shaking and jumping on every impulse.

soul searching

soul searching

My family has been very sympathetic. I told them about a lot of the bad stuff I went through. Sometimes they will say or do something that they think could make me paranoid and then correct themselves. They all just want me to be happy.

L

llittlelostlady

Folk don't seem to care about schizophrenia
No one does seem to care in my case...only me and I am fine with that.

I am also autistic, my dad was autistic...not aspergers.

My motivation etc has always been independently internally generated, I seem to care little about how others percieve me as I can't feel if they care about me anyway. I never know...all i can do is go by how they treat me.

If they treat me badly I assume they don't care if they treat me nicely or kindly then I assume they do care. I can't feel it and have never been able to feel if people care about or love me. I live in a world where I am disconnected from other humans no matter how NT I may seem.

NT = neurotypical which I am not.

As a child I was more rainman (not so severe, my dad was worse than me)...in my 30s it changed and I became more sheldon cooper from the big bang theory (ie more aspergers than autistic...they are on the same spectrum but i know from experience there is a difference and its not just a speech delay).

The problem i have is i get physical sensory hallucinations...they keep poking me. My hallucinations.

I have sensory issues when it comes to certain sensations and they keep sending me into an autitic meltdown. They won't let me sleep and my autisitc meltdowns are worse when I have had no kip.

I am sensitive to textures, sounds and so on...my nervous system is not wired up like a neurotypical.

Having autism and schizophrenia is a torturous nightmare.

They want me to be neurotypically social and I can't....

Social chit chat and empathy are hard for me.

I have compassion but I cannot imagine the world of another.

They want me to take emotional support for my self hatred...I don't hate myself, I can't. I am too compassionate.

L

llittlelostlady

Pn compassion and empathy are different.

Empathy is understanding and sharing the feelings of another and compassion is concern for their suffering.

I feel pain for those whom are suffering but I cannot always empathise with them.

I cannot express my compassion either.

It really hurts, it feels as though my heart is breaking for them.

L

llittlelostlady

In one way or another I will be ok (I am weird, I percieve the world differently and always have), but my heart goes out to others whom are suffering.

L

llittlelostlady

I could also never hate myself because I am not into judgementalism or egoism, I am more into seeking understanding and always have been even if i do seem to be disconnected from the human race.

I try.

L

llittlelostlady

This has been my experience, I hope others feel loved and cared about.

L

llittlelostlady

That's right. It's something like that for me. I was not asked if I intended to hurt anyone. Quite a stupid question, because I don't believe that if you have such intentions, you will share them, especially if you think your thought is normal. Overall, however, super boring, I see the woman that somehow fits with boredom. Only the relatives of people with schizophrenia and schizophrenics themselves are interested.
I'd never want to hurt anyone.

I get all sorts of stupid questions from people all the time...I guess they are just trying to understand, want information, or are just checking their safety and the safety of others. They use too many stereotypes and generalisations but then again, with the way the world works right now, they have to for their own protection...

In other ways ignorance prevails.

Education is needed.

I don't have any relatives with schizophrenia.

I am autistic and had an autistic father but he has long gone now as he died from cancer of the oesophagus many years ago.

My mother is deceased also and my siblings don't want to know..dont worry they are half siblings anyway and we were never very close.

My close family has long gone.

L

llittlelostlady

the opposite. People around me seem to care far too much, it is incredibly annoying. I just want to be left alone and sick to death or surprise visits to my house or twice weekly i am expected to go in for appointments where they just ask the same old stupid questions - "are you taking your medications?", "any thoughts of harming yourself or anyone else?", "are you still hearing voices and having visual hallucinations?" and so on
I don't mind the caring if they have it, but i do mind the constant disruptions.

But then I was autistic before I was schizophrenic.

They mess with my special interests and I can explain their importance to them.

They send me into an autistic meltdown.