• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Do you feel nobody cares?

T

toto

Sorry, not translating it correctly. I have a feeling she's bored herself. But she takes money from the state to listen to me and be patient.

T

toto

No. Rather, I have the feeling that she is constantly looking at the clock. When I told her that I urgently needed a job and that this was one of the reasons I was depressed / psychotic, she just raised her hands and said she couldn't help me. She referred me to a job center for a job search, and they themselves did not look at my resume at all and sent me a job offer in the company where I last worked.

O

On Fire

I feel the NHS does not care and is not interested. They are just over worked with excessive case loads, I guess.

F

fluffpill

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i am in an early intervention program, so i know that some people care. but i agree nobody cares about it enough to come up with a better solution = a cure

Passionflower

Passionflower

I feel that my mental health team care much more now I am diagnosed scz rather than depression and paranoid pd and schizoid. It not only helps to have the right diagnosis but they also take me more seriously now.

S

salim

Make something attractive and you will see the difference.

Avolitionist

Avolitionist

I think they are trying to understand schizophrenia, but the brain remains a mystery. We have a very limited understanding of how it works and are still discovering new parts and cells within the brain. Schizophrenia is complex, and at this point is just beyond knowing the causes. Little relief for those of us who live with it, but it’s where we are for now.

T

toto

Well, to be honest, it doesn't seem complicated to me. It turned out that with 2 mg of melatonin I fall asleep, do not have crises and go to work. Because for the first time at a new job I sleep well, my concentration is also good. I think I really found my treatment for my schizoaffective - to get enough sleep. Schizophrenia is an irrational belief. Insomnia reduces the ability to make sense, which explains the inadequacy. Schizophrenia is also a post-traumatic stress disorder - trauma always triggers it. Treatment is sleep, atheism, self-love, regular eating, sports, friends.

:)

T

Tombomb

Life style has a lot too do with it

T

toto

Definitely. There may be schizophrenia involving brain damage (lack of connections between the left and right hemispheres, or weak connections, or too many unnecessary connections), but in general my theory is that it is massively post-traumatic stress, severe atmosphere at home too. I have direct observations of another girl with schizophrenia, boys had tried to rape her. Her father was a teacher and was very strict. In fact, over a boy whose diagnosis I do not know exactly, but I know that at school he was bullied, his pants were taken off, and

T

toto

his mother controlled him, beat him ... the effect is that he was a nice boy, but he was very congested, so to speak. Frustrated, with old understandings. What is so difficult to understand in schizophrenia then? Separately, the obsession with persecution, the whims of TV messages are like telling me a fantasy movie. Which leads me to think that it's a lot of imagination and a lot of watched movies.