• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Do you feel nobody cares?

Donovan Stephenson (was EdEd)

The need to figure out more about schizophrenia.. scientifically , medically, I see to many people suffering even with medication.. schizophrenia needs to give these people some breaks.

L

lifecangetbetter

That's cause they don't know what it's like. And even if they did they'd just think "thank goodness I'm not like that. I feel better but myself"

They are consumed by what they view as reality that they're unwilling to face that we deal with a whole different reality.

jajingna

jajingna

There are people working on it but that is one tough case to crack. If the experts are stumped I wouldn't expect Joe Blow to know much, though he's a nice enough fellow in his own way.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

I agree people lack an understanding of schizophenia. Hopefully more awareness will happen.

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

I think the term scares some people. They don't understand and maybe don't want to as long as it's not them.

Yea.. @Ladyfair That's right. But it's okay because we all know what it is.. and we're awesome.

Ras

Ras

the opposite. People around me seem to care far too much, it is incredibly annoying. I just want to be left alone and sick to death or surprise visits to my house or twice weekly i am expected to go in for appointments where they just ask the same old stupid questions - "are you taking your medications?", "any thoughts of harming yourself or anyone else?", "are you still hearing voices and having visual hallucinations?" and so on

T

toto

That's right. It's something like that for me. I was not asked if I intended to hurt anyone. Quite a stupid question, because I don't believe that if you have such intentions, you will share them, especially if you think your thought is normal. Overall, however, super boring, I see the woman that somehow fits with boredom. Only the relatives of people with schizophrenia and schizophrenics themselves are interested.

T

toto

In principle, we can help ourselves by finding something in common between all of us, which can be identified as the cause of the disease, respectively its prevention and treatment.

ht46

ht46

I don't have much contact with many people, my wife family and couple mates care they don't fully understand but they do their best. My psych team are always trying to help in some way, it gets a bit annoying but it's their job. My problem is slowly recognising how much this illness actually affects me, after the the initial years of psychosis I thought I was cured then the paranoia started, I find I am out of the loop of my mental health as much as my close ones.

Ras

Ras

That's right. It's something like that for me. I was not asked if I intended to hurt anyone. Quite a stupid question, because I don't believe that if you have such intentions, you will share them, especially if you think your thought is normal. Overall, however, super boring, I see the woman that somehow fits with boredom. Only the relatives of people with schizophrenia and schizophrenics themselves are interested.
exactly, if you have thoughts of harming someone it would not be wise to tell them. I have told them that many times and yet they still keep asking it.

The woman that somehow fits with boredom? i dont understand