• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Do you feel better in the mornings?

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

I find that in the mornings especially after good sleep I feel great and optimistic for most of the day and this slowly deteriorates towards the evening. I then go to sleep and find that very nourishing and feel great again in the morning.

What about you?

M

Marianda

I'm the opposite. I wake up extremely depressed. I feel like crap all morning. I improve a bit after lunch. I feel totally relaxed in the evening.

LaFong

LaFong

I'm the opposite. I wake up extremely depressed. I feel like crap all morning. I improve a bit after lunch. I feel totally relaxed in the evening.
Same here. I'm fortunate in that I can make my own hours but if I have to get up early because of some obligation, my entire day goes in the crapper.

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

It is very hard for me to get out of bed in the morning. Mornings are hard.

2Much2Feel

It is very hard for me to get out of bed in the morning. Mornings are hard.
agree. mornings I feel a ton of anxiety as well, which comes way down after about 6 or 7 pm, feel best at night.

T

turnitoffandonagain_again

Very much the opposite. I always feel absoutely at my worst in the mornings. It's during the nights (or while trying to sleep - which isn't necessarily 'nighttime') that my physical symptoms get worse. That's been the case for decades.

L

LouieLou

Depends on how my night goes and how well the meds are working on my mind. Mornings are OK just have to get up, evenings is when I feel best at this early stage in my recovery. Sleep depreivation after daughter'#birth and stress of bereavement in 2o16 triggered one and now work related exhaustion. So atm mornings vary as if for some reason overnight i have had nightmares or anxiety i will be shaking but if I feel my normal self it might be a good day. Evenings i found easier to distract as there is good tv. My depression is mixed as i can be anxious and wang to avoid going out, or agitated where I feel i can't stay still . But fighting another day x

Bod

Bod

If I have had a good nights sleep, then in the mornings I feel nicely refreshed.

S

SadRainbow

Nope. I struggle every morning. I've never been a morning person, even when I've been well.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

Same here. I'm fortunate in that I can make my own hours but if I have to get up early because of some obligation, my entire day goes in the crapper.
Me too. I avoid mornings and most of the day as much as possible. I've always felt more anxious the earlier I had to get up. Physically nauseous. Morose. Hideous. I only start to feel better later in the afternoon, and then the evening is "my" time.

SoftRain

SoftRain

I feel better in the morning. AS the day progresses I become more tired and depressed.

M

morty2

ACCOUNT CLOSED
NO,,,mornings are not good,its hard getting going even when i was working. At night i can achieve anything,ive got energy,creativity. I feel more optimistic at the days end,,i dont know why?. Im less down and hopeless at night.

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Me too. I avoid mornings and most of the day as much as possible. I've always felt more anxious the earlier I had to get up. Physically nauseous. Morose. Hideous. I only start to feel better later in the afternoon, and then the evening is "my" time.
I feel physically nauseous many mornings too. :low: