• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Do you FEAR going mad?

D

dreambuggieII

I wrote this around two hours ago:

Sometimes being crazy,

is easier then actually

living a normal life

The reason I wrote this, was because the delusions or intrusions as I like to call them, are coming on thick and fast.

Let the mad dreambuggie begin.

How do you feel about going "mad" - in the main, does it scare you?

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yes.The fear of being stuck in a place of torment.Like a bad trip that never ends.

mr_c

mr_c

I wrote this around two hours ago:

Sometimes being crazy,

is easier then actually

living a normal life

The reason I wrote this, was because the delusions or intrusions as I like to call them, are coming on thick and fast.

Let the mad dreambuggie begin.

How do you feel about going "mad" - in the main, does it scare you?
Ummm not really, i mean at the moment i cant tell when im going to, and when im in that place everything seems "normal". Its when i go back to being sane that i get scared when ive heard how i was acting lol

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I fear going mad and what i might do, thats the moral thing on the other hand i feel pragmatically speaking the mental health system will only help those with florid symptoms and what have i got to lose considering i'm unlikely to be ever fit for work

I a;so remember a time when i felt no pain could be so bad

I

IntrospectionFtw!

After i became ill the first few years were not so bad i was still in alot of psychological and emotional pain but i still retained my self control and intelligence and it didnt really hold me back in any way. but as i've experienced more intense episodes and you could say as my illness has progressed. it is getting too the stage now where i worry im gonna just lose it one night and be stuck like that forever it feels like im treading on thin ice these days but hopefully i can get it sorted.

A

Apotheosis

"Do you FEAR going mad?"

No, not really. A part of me is mad. 20 years & 7 breakdowns later - what is there left in that regard to be afraid of? The older I've got; on the whole the easier things have got; I'm unafraid of getting older; in fact I look forward to it. There are certain apprehensions about changes in personal circumstances; but until things happen, then how do I know if such changes will be for the better or worse? Worrying about them will do no good; & it's a case of crossing bridges when I come to them.

As I have learned hard - it's the reactions to my going mad that can be more the worrying bit.

as you say -

Sometimes being crazy,

is easier then actually

living a normal life

Last edited:
D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
not all the time but occaisionally i will remember how i used to be sleeping with a knife under my pillow thinking people wee living in the hedgrows just to spy on me and THAT PERSON doesnt feel like me and i think well it could happen again also when i read that schizophrenia is degenerative it worries me because i cant remeber what happened last week or what day it is and i'm only 28 but i am a worrier diddy

S

Steel

I'm more scared of asking WHO is going mad, actually...:unsure:

x

BillFish

BillFish

I did fear going mad in the early stages of my illness, but just recently it almost seems like the easy option.
I've always had an intense sense of self awareness but after a decade of struggling with schizophrenia it almost seems inviting to give up and just bring it on.

I don't know , it seems as though there are different categories of schizophrenics , some seem able to cope without meds and hold a job etc. I fall into the category of long term care in a home or hospital without meds. But with them I'm 95% ok :drool:

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I know that feeling of don't care less if you go mad because they'll have to care for you then, it's in some ways a comfort when i'm under stress

A few years ago i said to the GP you can't section me you haven't the beds, he said we can section you we'll find a bed. i said ok then section me see if i care

The way that gp blinks when i say something like that

BillFish

BillFish

It's ok saying I don't care section me, but I have a wife and kid to think about. It's not just my life but their quality of life as well.My wife and kid are not just my partner and son , they are my best friends as well.:drool:

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I am aware of my wider social responsibilities but theres plenty of people refusing treatment here who don't seem to consider such things

I don't know if it's that or fear of my local bin that makes me compliant with meds

I'm under a lot of stress at the moment i blame the off meds people for it, at the same time i feel the only way to get help is to force the mental health systems hand, it is on my mind that a section would include a legal aftercare obligation

I seem to be coming from a totally different angle to the off meds people

T

Twylight

Yes.The fear of being stuck in a place of torment.Like a bad trip that never ends.
Yes, first my mind goes one way and it's terrifying, then it goes the other way and it's more terrifying

After being released from hospital and coming home and facing my totally trashed flat, and the mistrust i've caused to my neighbours and local shopkeepers and bar staff:evil: