• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Do you experience psychotic symptoms with BPD?

E

emmaleemochizuki

Is it transient, stress induced? or longer lasting?

Auditory/Visual hallucinations, or delusions/paranoia or others?

Trauma related or more random/neutral things?

Do you talk to your MH professional about it? What do they say, do they say it is a part of BPD or something else?

A

Anna03

Yes psychotic symptoms are highly prevalent in people with BPD. Hallucinations are common. They can be transient and stress induced or happen for any reason. I must say I have personally only had mild hallucinations but have had other forms of psychosis. Medication, meditation both help. I suffer from paranoia quite alot but are very self aware and usually catch it before it has a major impact on my life. I don't hide anything fro my MH professionals. They can't help you if you hide. DBT and CBT both help with your self awareness and I find knowing myself and my condition inside out makes a big difference. There are various books you can read . Maybe others can suggest some. Remember BPD is not the new you. BPD is only a part of you and its important to nit only dwell on the negatives. I had a 7 Yr hiatus where I was completely under control of my MH. Medication was great. The only side effect was a lack of energy at times. Good luck and keep in touch with the forum right now until you feel capable of going it on your own. Keeping using the forum can help others to hear your journey.

O

OntheBorderline

I have experienced dillusions before. I'm not sure if it was part of BPD or something else, but I used to have the dillusions that others could read my mind. My doctor put me on Geodon, an anit-psychotic and it took the delusions away.

N

Nosense

Yes consistently, apparently part and parcel of BPD. I think the more severe the crisis the more ecerbating the hallucinatoons, paronia and psychotic episodes.

I myself am just becoming aware of this disease call it that as it feels like one impacts every fibre of my life, body and soul.

Up side is were meant to be intellects 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Try to be kind yourself everyday all days.