• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

DO YOU EXPERIENCE ANXIETY? (Approved Research)

C

com_sci_phd

Hi everyone, I’m a Computer Science PhD student at Queen Mary University of London.

As part of my research, I’m looking at using apps to support people who experience anxiety.

If you experience anxiety, I would be incredibly grateful if you could fill out my online questionnaire about anxiety-focused apps:
https://qmul.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/willingness-motivators-barriers

There are 3 eligibility criteria:
- Aged 18+
- Currently living in the UK
- Experience of anxiety

It’s completely anonymous and will take around 10 minutes.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me: [email protected]

I would really appreciate it if you could share this link with as many people as possible – the more data I collect, the better my research will be!

Thank you!
Research Icon.png

NOTE: Approved for posting on the forum by Mischief

N

natalie

Hi,

Unfortunately, I can't do surveys.

However, i am ok to share, that I do have anxiety issues. It's in terms of having previously a lot being away to a foreign climb on holiday; way back when from, and even these years, indirectly what with helicopters then to be about, i do become unsettled slightly in advance, and also very anxious for no apparent reason.

I take an anti anxiety med, which helps a great deal, plus, I'll listen to music a lot, i'm in a position that I can't do paid part time work, and certainly not full time, an d I wear travel motion sickness bands, as i once discovered, these help to keep my acute to severe levels of anxiety very much down and at bay, via the pulsating nerve button. I still wear them generally today, ah, even though, I can't unfortunately be away to a certain country anymore.

I'll try to keep an eye on this thread, with strong interest to see how it is doing, and offer further support to our member posters where possible.

Welcome aboard, to MHF.

I'm Natalie, and I am usually logged in at various t ime of the day, although not on day or days of volunteering, when I can be given the green light, to attend in house in person, volunteering once more, following on an enduring 15 months oops, 16 months of anxious lockdowns, and tiers.

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

Hi everyone, I’m a Computer Science PhD student at Queen Mary University of London.

As part of my research, I’m looking at using apps to support people who experience anxiety.

If you experience anxiety, I would be incredibly grateful if you could fill out my online questionnaire about anxiety-focused apps:
https://qmul.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/willingness-motivators-barriers

There are 3 eligibility criteria:
- Aged 18+
- Currently living in the UK
- Experience of anxiety

It’s completely anonymous and will take around 10 minutes.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me: [email protected]

I would really appreciate it if you could share this link with as many people as possible – the more data I collect, the better my research will be!

Thank you!
View attachment 44460

NOTE: Approved for posting on the forum by Mischief
yea sure i do your questionnaire but i live in the us though can i still do it?

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

Hi - thank you for your interest but unfortunately, as you are in the US you aren't eligible to take part.
Really omg thats sucks, i really want to help you with your research, okay, good luck on your research, wish you the best man :)

C

com_sci_phd

Really omg thats sucks, i really want to help you with your research, okay, good luck on your research, wish you the best man :)
That's so great that you want to be involved! The reason this study is limited to the UK is so that everyone has the same context/access to mental health support.
This is only one study out of my whole PhD so perhaps in the future, there will be something you can be involved in!
Keep an eye on website for the work I'm doing - I'll be posting on there about future studies!
www.amydowse.com

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

That's so great that you want to be involved! The reason this study is limited to the UK is so that everyone has the same context/access to mental health support.
This is only one study out of my whole PhD so perhaps in the future, there will be something you can be involved in!
Keep an eye on website for the work I'm doing - I'll be posting on there about future studies!
www.amydowse.com
Okay sure thanks:)

N

natalie

Hi, com_sci-phd,

I do apologise, I hadn't realised that when I read your post originally, that you are looking to create an app, for anxiety conditions. I am not techincally minded, if you get my drift, so I won't be able to use an app.

I will also, plan to keep an eye at your website, in the future.

Best wishes,

Natalie, of MHF.

C

com_sci_phd

Hello Everyone!

I am really close to reaching 200 respondents to this questionnaire - it would be amazing if I could reach that, and hopefully surpass it!

If you haven't already please complete this quick questionnaire, and share it far and wide - it would really mean a lot to me!

Talula67

Talula67

Hello Everyone!

I am really close to reaching 200 respondents to this questionnaire - it would be amazing if I could reach that, and hopefully surpass it!

If you haven't already please complete this quick questionnaire, and share it far and wide - it would really mean a lot to me!
I'll do it now :)

Bod

Bod

I filled it out as soon as I saw this, so have done it.