• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

do you ever?

Z

Zoe1

actually yes I do feel like that sometimes for no reason

but my treatment has been successful in my not acting on it

:hug:

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Because of the general theme of this thread I'll post the usual information.

It may help to have a look at these two pages on the forum: Suicidal Crisis and Mental Health Forum - Getting Help about what to do if you're feeling suicidal, or if you need emergency help. I hope you can use the forum for support during this difficult time.

If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

Please don't hesitate to contact a member of staff if you can't find anything for your country, we'll do our best to find something for you.

C

celticlass

Well I would be like this if my depression were not being treated. Some days I can get almost fleeting thoughts of wishing I were dead. Usually this could come into my head if day to day life were to be proving stressful. Generally the thought would go away again when I had dealt with immediate threats to my tranquility and peace of mind. I hope the receiving of the furniture etc haz been straightforward! Oh it is such a pressure moving house. I always found it best to unpack little and often xx

T E_90

T E_90

Not for a long time now.

When younger I was drugged on paroxetine which aggravated my situation by exacerbating all that was negative in me.
I had gotten worse, heartless and remorseless, full of anger.
During the drugs I tried to commit suicide twice (it failed by chance, it went badly)
even if the second one I don't recall it at all, it vanished from my memory
(I've been told about it by a friend).
Since that day, even though I've stopped taking drugs for many years, the emotions (if I had some before) have almost vanished,(except for my family) leaving just anger.

No I don't think about suicide, I refuse to, something in my head has changed time ago.
Sometimes it's hard for me to go on too, but I have to hold on.

HLon99

HLon99

Honestly no. But I don't have BPD. I have Bipolar Disorder and the only time I felt genuinely suicidal was after a 3 month long heavy depression. And even then I took one thought about my family, friends and the other things that I would be leaving behind if I decided to do it and immediately snapped out of it. I know its a lot harder for people with BPD, but I think you'd do well to do an exercise whereby you write down all the things that you are grateful for having in your life and memorise them, so when you're feeling down, you can always refer back to them. :)