• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

do you ever?

TooMuchPain

TooMuchPain

Yes. I think its a force of habit learned behavior. It usually shows up when I feel extra lonely with no end in sight.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I don’t usually have it for no reason, usually there are several reasons. It’s tough to grapple with. I have had at least six serious attempts and one where the doctors thought they might have to remove my left leg from the knee down. I haven’t been successful in any attempt thus far and I am more or less tired of trying. At the moment I am actively suicidal but am holding off acting on these feelings because my father has cancer and I think a suicide attempt under the circumstances would be a very selfish thing for me to do. Thr problem
is that once he passes my mother is going to be alone and she would not be able to take another attempt as she is getting older and will not have my father there to support her. So it doesn’t seem that I will be able to act on my desires anytime soon which is unfortunate because there are very real reasons I would like to end my life that aren’t going to go away. xo, j

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I don’t usually have it for no reason, usually there are several reasons. It’s tough to grapple with. I have had at least six serious attempts and one where the doctors thought they might have to remove my left leg from the knee down. I haven’t been successful in any attempt thus far and I am more or less tired of trying. At the moment I am actively suicidal but am holding off acting on these feelings because my father has cancer and I think a suicide attempt under the circumstances would be a very selfish thing for me to do. Thr problem
is that once he passes my mother is going to be alone and she would not be able to take another attempt as she is getting older and will not have my father there to support her. So it doesn’t seem that I will be able to act on my desires anytime soon which is unfortunate because there are very real reasons I would like to end my life that aren’t going to go away. xo, j
i'm glad you are still alive, Jess :hug:

S

Sugaree

Jessie, I am sorry to hear about your father. I am also concerned that you feel so hopeless. You are so kind and caring in your posts. I am sure you have helped alot of people on this forum. :hug:

JessisMe

JessisMe

Jessie, I am sorry to hear about your father. I am also concerned that you feel so hopeless. You are so kind and caring in your posts. I am sure you have helped alot of people on this forum. :hug:
Thanks, @Sugaree its very kind of you to say that. I hope I have helped some people in my time here. It’s nice to think that I might have. I just honestly have a ton of problems in my life that make sticking around near impossible. If it weren’t that way I’m sure I would not feel suicidal with such urgency. But it’s just the way things are I’m afraid. We don’t always choose what we get handed in life I guess. Sometimes it chooses us. Thanks again. Your message made me feel nice. xo, j

Humanitee

Humanitee

I don’t know you, Jess, but I’m happy that you’re sticking around :hug:

Humanitee

Humanitee

feel like you want to die ,for no reason and you don't know why? x
I often feel like I want to die when I’m in crisis, or coming out of one. Usually it’s when I just can’t see my life improving, or a reason why I’d want to keep going, or can’t find the strength. I don’t fancy the actual act of doing it, though, and don’t plan anything. I’m sorry that you’re going through it, but there is hope and we will be here to listen and try to understand you :hug: