• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Do you ever worry that you will be alone forever?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

People with schizophrenia have a vastly reduced lifespan. TBH I think more about death in a fond way.

N

Nate

I used to have this feeling in the past, that I don't want to be left alone and scared that I won't be surrounded with people. But now after I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia and taking the anti-psychotic medications; I feel nothing.
I know what it's like to feel nothing, antipsychotics producing apathy and indifference.

S

SomeGirl15153

Well, on a negative note I read that being alone decreases your life span, but who wants to live until they’re 100 anyways? Your body would be deteriorating at that point and you’d basically be suffering until you died with (in America) type 2 diabetes, hypertension, increased risk for heart disease, increased risk for stroke, other organ failures. Living til you’re a 100 is overrated. Being alone has so many benefits- you get to live your life with a greater capacity than if you were tied down to someone else and their desires for life. You don’t have to worry about child-rearing. If you’re a female, you don’t have to go through getting fat gaining 20 lbs and losing all self esteem after each child and if you’re a guy, you get to save a few gray hairs and a few hundreds of thousands of dollars you’d spend on your children. Yes it gets lonely, yes you feel more depressed sometimes, but you get to accomplish things on your own and build self esteem knowing you did things without a significant other. Embrace being alone! I know I am!

N

natalie

I was always being happy as a very single character. Then, I was happily introduced to my now strong mutual admirer and always was, and to be potential gent friend. I am now double happier, and I wasn't even searching for a prospective partner, not at that particular juncture.

Just don't look, and someone could jokingly swing your way.

S

salim

God is the one who knows the future, and you must be optimistic, at least for the sake of your mental health. I know a schizophrenic person who suffers from your feelings, but he married and had children, bought a car, and had a salary.

Cyborg101

Cyborg101

God is the one who knows the future, and you must be optimistic, at least for the sake of your mental health. I know a schizophrenic person who suffers from your feelings, but he married and had children, bought a car, and had a salary.
If there is god then why invent schizophrenia ?
No time for God

S

salim

You are not an animal, you are a creature for worship.

S

salim

Consider your hands, feet, nose, and eyes. Can nature create it as it is?

S

salim

Consider how great your joints are.

S

salim

This is the words of the negative.