• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Do you ever worry that you will be alone forever?

I

IsaD

Do you ever worry that you will be alone for the rest of your life?
Sometimes I think no one will ever want me because I have schizophrenia

L

Lab rat

Not really. I’ve not been free (only for 1 week) since I was 13, I’m now on my second marriage and I’m nearly 50! I find the madness seems to attract girls. I’m fun to go out with when my psychosis is in full flight, or they have some idea that they can fix me!

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I spent my 20's and 30's being single but I'm giving a dating app a go for my 40's but if it doesn't work out this decade then there's always my 50's or 60's. I'd like to believe my time will come at some point.

I

IsaD

Hopefully I'll find someone too

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
There's always www.nolongerlonely.com which is a dating site for people with mental difficulties, it hasn't got many people from my area on it but you might have better luck.

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

When I think about loneliness I remind myself that usually when I go out I can't wait to get back to my comfortable safe home.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

My plans include getting a beagle and maybe fostering if i am allowed. I won't be alone.

M

Metalman5

Women have passed me by. All women run from me,you would think that because I am disabled that some one would have compassion and want to help take care of me, but no.

PerpetuallyStuck

PerpetuallyStuck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
When I think about loneliness I remind myself that usually when I go out I can't wait to get back to my comfortable safe home.
I feel the same. I have Social Anxiety instead of Schizophrenia. It's like, if I did get a chance to date, I'd start to feel uncomfortable. It gets overwhelming when there is a large group gathering, and people get rowdy. It feels as if they are much more trendy than I am, and that they don't accept me for being more reserved. I never feel that I get enough respect, and I am embarrassed if a woman shows interest in me, because I feel like they EXPECT me to act the same as the popular types.

N

Nate

Do you ever worry that you will be alone for the rest of your life?
Sometimes I think no one will ever want me because I have schizophrenia
I sometimes feel as though I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life. I'm 50 years old, I can't see why anyone would want me. Sometimes it's hard.

Funnyday

Funnyday

I would like a relationship again. It's been 17 years since I got divorced. My children are grown up. So no reason to put someone off of me. I know that I'm not ready for a relationship though. There are things about me that I would like to change. Before becoming involved.

Finite

Finite

@IsaD I am never really alone, given all the experiences I have because of my mental ill health. I hope you find someone :) .

L

Lab rat

I would miss the companionship, but when you have it, you can find it suffocating. If I were to become single, I would stay single. If I entered a relationship again, it would be a friends with benefits type arrangement. I find relationships suffocating. Me and my present wife are different, we both do our own things, but she’s one in a million! I would miss the sex, but I don’t have problems finding partners for that.

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

No one knows what the future holds, so worrying about this doesn't do any good to be honest. Whether it's friends, family or a partner, when you feel you're ready, you can go and try to find those people you want in your life. Less time worrying, more time trying to make it happen - you'll thank yourself for it later!x

L

leslie621

I used to have this feeling in the past, that I don't want to be left alone and scared that I won't be surrounded with people. But now after I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia and taking the anti-psychotic medications; I feel nothing.