• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Do you ever think "this is my life" ?

B

BpTyrant

Like you try your best to stay positive, enjoy yourself, and to not fall back into your mental health problems

But then, naturally something happens to bring you right back to those same problems?

I think I would be so much better off, if I could avoid getting to the point of feeling Burnt out

And I mean not just physical burn out, but sometimes mental burn out

Like currently I feel stuck in a bad situation that has no real hope of improving, but realistically I have no clue when I may be able to get out of this situation

My job in food packaging production on an "average" day doesn't bother me and I can usually deal with it fine

The problem is there is often a lot of inconsistency and tons that can set me off in a bad way

The 1st time I had really dreaded the job was a 6 week layoff last year for a really stupid reason

What it came down to was we have policies from Corporate that can be simplified down to them wanting to make 5% more every year, on 5% less expenses

Well, I don't think its hard to imagine that every year is gonna be a little harder than the year before

So we had a warehouse full of Rusty Cans, went over scrap budget, had a 6 week layoff to counteract that as much as possible

It wasn't our fault as workers, but whoever had managed the warehouse and hadn't maintained it properly, and yet we got laid off for 1.5 months because of it

Then since the pandemic it became way faster paced for way more hours, with more steps involved, including sanitizing multiple times per shift

Yet working 2-3 times as hard as ever I'm not being paid any better

Only got hazard pay for the 1st month and nothing after that

We had a meeting one time where they basically said they spent $500,000 on a machine after being unable to keep maintaining it since it was made in 1989, yes 31 years ago

Simultaneously they complained about an employee appreciation program going over budget, their budget amounted to under $400 per employee, while a $6B company had just replaced a machine long overdue to be replaced that benefits them

They didn't even put the new machine in our plant, so why should I care that the $6B company had to spend $500,000 on such a machine?

It doesn't benefit me and they complained about going over $400 per employee budget after nobody got hazard pay for the majority of the pandemic

Now I'm supposed to work extra hard for another 1.5 months to MAYBE get a pay raise in contract negotiations?

I'm just done caring

They have shown they want to do the minimum for us, but want the maximum out

Sorry to say, but thats not how you motivate anybody to do anything beyond the minimum needed to keep their job

A

Am33

ACCOUNT CLOSED
When will it stop ? when people wake up and ask the questions who are these mega corporations for ? They aren't for the employees ( who actual do the work ) or for the customers .They are just for a small elite at the top and a few shareholders to make more $$$$ than anyone could ever need or spend at the expense of the workers and customers . Why do corporations have to make a profit ? Why can't they just put out a great product and Everyone makes a good living ? instead of trying to create monopolies more and more profits which is undemocratic .In the future employees will get a share in companies so if the company does good they do good and have a sense of ownership in taking care of it.

B

BpTyrant

When will it stop ? when people wake up and ask the questions who are these mega corporations for ? They aren't for the employees ( who actual do the work ) or for the customers .They are just for a small elite at the top and a few shareholders to make more $$$$ than anyone could ever need or spend at the expense of the workers and customers . Why do corporations have to make a profit ? Why can't they just put out a great product and Everyone makes a good living ? instead of trying to create monopolies more and more profits which is undemocratic .In the future employees will get a share in companies so if the company does good they do good and have a sense of ownership in taking care of it.
I know the system is messed up, and I wasn't expecting to get a HUGE pay raise

But $2 per hour hazard pay during a Pandemic is too much to ask for?

Goes to show that even a small pay raise under extreme circumstances is out of the question, so why am I expected to keep working very hard for a company that won't do anything for me?

They are gonna get my bare minimum and like it, because they haven't shown that they want to pay me anything more for all the hard work I've been doing

And this is a Unionized job, or I would have it even worse and be at 2/3rds the pay

K

khuang

Pretty much everyday and I blame a lot of it on my high school’s office for not helping me when I needed it the most which then led me to believe that I wasn’t worth anything or even good enough for anything which led me to not filling out as many college applications as I could have because I didn’t think I would be even good enough to be accepted. I mean if I wasn’t even good enough for the school to help me with the bully problem then what would make me good enough for any college to want me as a student? And with everything I had to go through, it’s no wonder I had a major meltdown two weeks after graduation because I couldn’t take it anymore and I saw no escape from the torture that had become my life.

M

ManDss

I try to distract myself.

But sometimes I think the things I could do, and what a better life I could have today, and its quite shocking.

My life turn out into a big mess.