• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Do you ever just have anxiety that never goes away?

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

I don't know if you know but I've interviewed for a job in my field and will be hearing back from them today or tomorrow. Well it's 4 now. They get out at 5.

I have emailed them today about my interest. I hope I hear back from them.

But I'm really anxious. Like really anxious. I feel ill.

katya

katya

I don't know if you know but I've interviewed for a job in my field and will be hearing back from them today or tomorrow. Well it's 4 now. They get out at 5.

I have emailed them today about my interest. I hope I hear back from them.

But I'm really anxious. Like really anxious. I feel ill.
I know what you mean. When I've been for teaching interviews, I've wanted to throw up. Everyone feels the same on them; they last all day, and you're constantly being watched and scrutinised (even though they tell you you're not, which is ridiculous) and then it's almost worse afterwards because you're waiting for a bloody phone call. In teaching, they try to ring you the same day. I've had colleagues who, for whatever reason, where rang a few days afterwards and they were visibly struggling with the anxiety. I don't know how you're coping with it; it's very stressful. I hope you get your answer soon, and I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

It's now past 5...so itll hopefully to be tomorrow that I will find out.

I hope I find out soon. This is killing me not knowing.

My interview went really well. I can't screw it up now.

life2live

life2live

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Fingers crossed for you Lincoln

Unique1

Unique1

It's now past 5...so itll hopefully to be tomorrow that I will find out.

I hope I find out soon. This is killing me not knowing.

My interview went really well. I can't screw it up now.
I hate waiting for anything like that, it's awful! It's like you can't do anything else until you know, well that's what I'm like. I think most people would be nervous waiting for news about whether they got the job or not,

I really hope you get the positive news you wish for. If you don't Lincoln it's their loss.
It's good for you to know you did well at the interview.

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Thank you.

I did get an email back that said they will call me this week. But I can't wait any longer!! I need to know but I shall wait since that's what I need to do.

I think it's positive that he is going to talk to me again later this week. I'm just scared that I failed...

If I fail I will feel like a failure BUT I know I will be okay.

My mind is going so fast and I don't see Sue until Wednesday. I'm scared I won't be able to see her this week.

T

Taffy

Dearest Lincoln,
You did really well, you know you did so be proud of yourself and what you accomplished. theres one job and probably lots of applications.
You haven't had a letter to say ..."sorry you haven't been successful ".... so .... in my view.... you are certainly still in there with the topmost candidates.... so well done you.

The suspense is terrible though... I am thinking of you and hoping that you hear soon from them.
love
Taffy xx

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Thank you Taffy. I miss you.

I hope to hear from them tomorrow but if I dont I will sometime this week. I hope I can see Sue this week. But I will change the time if I get this job.

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

I know I shouldn't overthink it but I can't help but think that if I got the job I would already know...

Every time my phone buzzes (haven't gotten one phone call though) my heart races and I start shaking. I want this job more than anything in the world.

If I get this job I won't care about not having a significant other. I won't really care about anything. I will be able to move out on my own. I'm doing so much better than I was a month ago. And that's due to the regimen I'm on.

I don't know how much longer I can go without knowing. I'm so scared.

katya

katya

I know I shouldn't overthink it but I can't help but think that if I got the job I would already know...

Every time my phone buzzes (haven't gotten one phone call though) my heart races and I start shaking. I want this job more than anything in the world.

If I get this job I won't care about not having a significant other. I won't really care about anything. I will be able to move out on my own. I'm doing so much better than I was a month ago. And that's due to the regimen I'm on.

I don't know how much longer I can go without knowing. I'm so scared.
God, I'm so sorry they haven't called you yet! Still wishing you the best!!!

T

Taffy

Hey Lincs :hug1:
I'm really sorry that they haven't been in touch, that's really unfair that they haven't gotten back when they said they would.
At least you will see Sue tomorrow and hopefully she will be able to give you a bit of support too.
Sending love xxxTaffy xx

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

I drove to the town 23 miles away where I would be working if I got this job. I like the town. It's pretty. I can go up the canyon and it's a short drive. It's beautiful up there.

I had to clear my head again. I did get an email that they will call me this week. But they said in the interview either yesterday or today. I don't know what to think. I wish they would call me. I need this job really bad. I know it'll take away from spending time with my family but that's okay. I need to not be here when my dad is here alone. I will be moving out soon if I get this job.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

I understand about when the anxiety is hard to shake off. I find that by keeping busy and occupied, and also having perseverance, the anxiety then can be kept at bay. Hopefully the anxiety will decrease or I hope you hear from the work place :)

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Thank you.

I'm just hoping it's good news.