• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

do you ever have days where you feel neurotypical?

M

Misssad1111

im actually having a day like that and enjoying it. I wish I was always like this. im not insanely happy but i could feel some joy, not the zero amount i feel before. i wish this happened more often and less far between. moments of normalcy

A

Aurelius

I hope it lasts and/or starts to happen a lot for you. I cannot answer your question as everyone I know/have known seems so unique that I am not sure a neurotypical person exists. Outside of that, I do sometimes have days where I feel completely different and free from feeling at all troubled - they are wonderful days.

D

danmarkok89

im actually having a day like that and enjoying it. I wish I was always like this. im not insanely happy but i could feel some joy, not the zero amount i feel before. i wish this happened more often and less far between. moments of normalcy
that is so awesome! I'm really pleased for you! Long may it last and if or when it ends, swift may be your recovery, although maybe this will be a new chapter in your life perhaps? I mean it doesn't have to be all bad does it? symptomatic or not...

Honestly on my medication most of the time I feel pretty normal, they literally work so well, I mostly forget what it's like to feel unwell although recently there have been a few moments where it does get the better of me and I get caught up in the odd bit of delusional / intrusive thinking. Recently I have hallucinated quite a bit more than I did last year but they don't really bother me as long as I do some mindfulness and things are going reasonably well generally speaking which they are right now. Sometimes my hallucinations bother me so little and sometimes so much so I even enjoy it and it makes me smile that I think I'm on the verge of a big breakthrough (with philosophical idealism, the odd buddhist concept and some mindfulness and psychoanalytic theory etc) that I might not even need meds anymore but I'm not confident enough in myself to try it out, maybe one day because I don't think my meds are going to work forever and I'm not confident in medical model psychiatry in being able to treat me forever without making me very unhappy with side effects, oh well we can all dream...

M

Misssad1111

that is so awesome! I'm really pleased for you! Long may it last and if or when it ends, swift may be your recovery, although maybe this will be a new chapter in your life perhaps? I mean it doesn't have to be all bad does it? symptomatic or not...

Honestly on my medication most of the time I feel pretty normal, they literally work so well, I mostly forget what it's like to feel unwell although recently there have been a few moments where it does get the better of me and I get caught up in the odd bit of delusional / intrusive thinking. Recently I have hallucinated quite a bit more than I did last year but they don't really bother me as long as I do some mindfulness and things are going reasonably well generally speaking which they are right now. Sometimes my hallucinations bother me so little and sometimes so much so I even enjoy it and it makes me smile that I think I'm on the verge of a big breakthrough (with philosophical idealism, the odd buddhist concept and some mindfulness and psychoanalytic theory etc) that I might not even need meds anymore but I'm not confident enough in myself to try it out, maybe one day because I don't think my meds are going to work forever and I'm not confident in medical model psychiatry in being able to treat me forever without making me very unhappy with side effects, oh well we can all dream...
what med are you taking if i may ask?

M

Misssad1111

i went from feeling neurotypical to feeling crazy again. it's always at night. i swear if they understood they'd change my klonopin from 0.5mg twice a day to 1mg twice a day

D

danmarkok89

what med are you taking if i may ask?
risperidone 4mg/day oral tablets
i went from feeling neurotypical to feeling crazy again. it's always at night. i swear if they understood they'd change my klonopin from 0.5mg twice a day to 1mg twice a day
Sorry to hear its tough for you right now, nothing worse than struggling! When I get symptoms, I tend to get them at night and in the morning although I've mostly made my peace with them now, hopefully things become more ok for you as well?

M

Misssad1111

risperidone 4mg/day oral tablets

Sorry to hear its tough for you right now, nothing worse than struggling! When I get symptoms, I tend to get them at night and in the morning although I've mostly made my peace with them now, hopefully things become more ok for you as well?
its just annoying. i wish i was stable
im on risperidone 4mg tablet/day as well. worked the best so far

D

danmarkok89

Yeah it can be really tough being unwell! That being said though, the best times for me are when I'm unwell and handling it well. Sorry to hear risperidone doesn't work for you, although to be fair, it took a fair while for it to eliminate all my delusions but my hallucinations stopped overnight apart from voices which slowly went away. Its really crap how the psychiatrists can't get everyone well all the time and really sad, oh well new year tonight, hopefully some new miracle drug will come out and cure us!

morpheus01

morpheus01

formerly ht46
That basically means a day without paranoia or depression, if the pills are working and its a quiet day

I guess I do happens about 2 or 3 days a week.

D

danmarkok89

I think to a certain extent it is possible to overcome some of it, although to what extent I'm not really sure and I guess you have to believe that you can be ok with it as well. We're all individuals at the end of the day, I probably don't have the same symptom profile as any of you and even if it were the same, we'd all react differently to it, that being said, my symptoms have made me so sad and upset and paranoid and frightened that if I can live with it even just a little bit, then I do believe there's hope for us all, whether we're symptomatic or not

L

llittlelostlady

I've never felt normal, meds or otherwise.

L

llittlelostlady

I sont mind, I live in a dipsy weird world of my own

D

danmarkok89

I sont mind, I live in a dipsy weird world of my own
We all live live in our own little world, regardless of a possible empirical reality, our 'a priori' qualitative judgments that try to grasp at the empirical are often synthetic and transcend empirical reality and results in an innately subjective transcendental ideality to our perception of reality which is all any of us can ever have, although the predicate of my argument is that there is an empirical reality which is debatable...

"let us first divide cognition into rational analysis and sensory perception, which descarte considered valueless, now reason gives us concepts, which are true but tautological, sensation gives us images, whose content is phenomenal..."

sorry I had to quote the lyrics of the immanuel kant song, i thought it might cheer you up although undoubtedly much to everyones annoyance and bewilderment

L

llittlelostlady

what about when you were younger?
No

I was the weird kid that collected bank forms, was sensitive to everything, had the social iq of a gnat but an intellectual iq of 140.

I had twitches

When tested at 12 I was behind my same age peers in some ways but in front of them developmentally in others.

I got my schizophrenia symptoms at 42 but I was not quite normal before that.

A social idiot with sensitivities and quirks such as having a dummy bottle till I was 8 and a tickle (piece of silky material I rub) that could write an A grade Essay and do A grade research at college and uni.

Since the schizophrenia my intellect and memory are buggered though. I used to be able to get A grades in exams without revision because the material was in me head to not being able to remember what I've just read. I also can't understand material that was simple for me...all in 4 years....what a decline.

On The brightside it's made me more socially aware than I used to be but I still have my tickle!