Do you ever get physically ill with anxiety?

bluemoon2

bluemoon2

Whenever I get very stressed out (to it's maximum point) I get physically ill and sick with my anxiety, it's happened a good few times - the most recent being a few months ago where I couldn't eat (despite being very hungry) without my body throwing it back up and since then I have had short spells of this. Does this happen woth anyone else under high anxiety?

mami5

mami5

Hi bluemoon, I can sympathise with you here as I often throw up too when anxious. It's not very nice is it?

Hope you'll be feeling better soon :hug:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gajolene

Gajolene

Severe anxiety can cause quite a few physical health symptoms. For me I will get the nausea, muscle cramping, neuralgic pain and muscle fatigue due to the negative stress' associated with the anxiety, I get IBS, migraines, irregular heart beats and heart palpitations, shortness of breath, hyperventilating spells. I get dizzy spells, confusion and memory problems as well. There have been times as well I've had hair falling out, skin rashs', cold sores. So yes lots of physical symptoms associated with anxiety and negative stress,

tabbykitten

tabbykitten

I get all sorts of physical symptoms with my anxiety. If I am out and about with other people I find it very hard to eat as I feel nauseous. Not funny when I am also emetophobic!!

M

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
When it's really bad I can feel my heart beating non stop, I get shortness of breath and my bowels are on the go constantly.

C

cally75

Of course you girls are right!
With me, it goes straight to my legs, causing weakness & shaking.

And then i think people notice it makes it worse. At worse, it takes me 5mins to get courage to cross a road! Its horrible

tabbykitten

tabbykitten

yep bowels definitely affected.

think the digestive disturbance is harder to cope with than the shakes and struggling to breathe and the thumping heart. Gawd ain’t we a mess folks.:panic::panic:

U

UMPALUMPA

yes, i often feel sick and dizzy with anziety and i dont poo enough as well. thank god for lactulose!

a weeks worth of poo stinks:LOL:

N

natalie

I get very anxious at times, normally to the extent I'm shaking in my hands, or I was once like that, and also shaking in my legs, if I thught that beign on a high dose of medication, could have caused the shakes, I now realise that it could have just been me being me, if you get my dfift. Might I recommend a very good homeopathic, to help settle the stomach, I don't think I could name drop here, if any of you would like to pm me, I can let you have the name and strength, and the number of doses allowed to take a on days, and I find these very beneficial, althoiugh costly, which can be financially an issue for most people, depending how finances wise they are, so that's another reason whereby pm me, I can let you all have the necessary details, if you wish to know more.

I also am very sensitive, so when this happens, anxiety roles take over, and am then in such a bad way, with the shaking, and yet, I should have thought, my medicaiton would be to help anxiety.

I am feeling unsettled though not anxious, about travelling day tomorrow, to get to Southampton, with parents, and then should be feeling more settled, once on board the ship, from 12 midday onwards, on Saturday.

Take care all, and I'll catch up with this thread, and keep an eye within my pm via my account, after I return back, and relog on, to here.

Natalie.

Sen

Sen

I truly feel bad all the time,It feels like my body as well as my mind is turning against me.

bunnie_gurrrl

bunnie_gurrrl

I have IBS, which is what I believe triggered the onset of my anxiety around 3 years ago when my IBS begun. My IBS affects my anxiety, and my anxiety makes my IBS worse! so I can't escape feeling ill. My mixture of depression, anxiety and IBS make me ill pretty much all the time... I get the shakes which I can feel all through my body, headaches, muscle aches, dizziness and nausea. When I'm really stressed about something or feel like I'm almost having an anxiety attack, I also feel like I'm going to be sick :(

Jaminacaranda

Jaminacaranda

Yep. I get an IBS flare-up when I'm stressed out. Like Umpalumpa says, it's a weird sequence of not pooing and then pooing constantly.

mami5

mami5

My anxiety has been so bad that it's given me bradycardia where my heart rate dropped to 40bpm and I collapsed. This has happened more than once. I've even spent time in hospital for it. Anxiety also induces psychosis, when I hallucinate and become delusional. These can be quite scary and life threatening.

pepecat

pepecat

Yes.....

I ended up in A&E at about 1:30am one morning because I woke up with a mega pain in my chest. Had an ECG and a chest xray..... and a doctor telling me to try to calm down and not be so anxious. They weren't sure if it was anxiety or related to an accident I'd had about a week previously. Either way it wasn't good.....

It also exacerbates my IBS as well. And I get lightheaded if I get really anxious.

S

SlightlyDisturbed

Hey there!
I know you've had a few replies already, I just wanted to say that I totally sympathize. I get sick and dizzy when I'm especially anxious, and have even fainted sometimes. My doc put me on diazepam (10mg) for my worst days, and that's helped. I still get dizzy, sweaty, nauseous and other nasties, but it doesn't get quite as bad as it did without the pills. Maybe you could discuss it with your doc? There are loads of things that can help, and not all of them are meds :).
Best of luck!