• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

do you ever feel worse by trying to talk about your problems

G

givemehope

have you ever felt ashamed and guilty and angry and disgusted by something you do so you try to talk to someone about it and then they shame you and tell you how bad your behavior is and how you need to accept how bad your behavior is and you need to change? even though the whole reason you wanted to talk about it is because you're painfully aware of how bad your behavior is and how badly you need to change? because same. and its making for hate myself even more than I did before I tried to talk about it. also if anyone has any good news in their life, BPD related or not, feel free to share. id love to hear about the good things happening in your lives.

jajingna

jajingna

Back in uni, so many moons ago, I was in a group for talking about personal stuff, a counselor thought it might be good for me, but it opened up stuff I think sent me into an illness period thereafter, not that anyone was critical. It was just like, damn, I didn't want all that stuff flooding my awareness.

T

trc95

one of the hardest parts of bpd for me personally was being able to admit when i’m showing toxic behavior/my mistakes. it sounds like you’re already doing that. you’re a strong person. i’ve noticed it can be hard to talk to people about how we’re feeling, specifically with bpd related symptoms, to people who don’t really understand bpd. to them it seems like everything is an overreaction, so it makes it really hard. i hope your day gets better and remember your feelings are valid.

M

MYTIMEHASCOME

have you ever felt ashamed and guilty and angry and disgusted by something you do so you try to talk to someone about it and then they shame you and tell you how bad your behavior is and how you need to accept how bad your behavior is and you need to change? even though the whole reason you wanted to talk about it is because you're painfully aware of how bad your behavior is and how badly you need to change? because same. and its making for hate myself even more than I did before I tried to talk about it. also if anyone has any good news in their life, BPD related or not, feel free to share. id love to hear about the good things happening in your lives.
hello givemehope :hug:

I have experienced this as well and you’re right it’s very hurtful when you know you’re behaviour isn’t great and you’re trying to open up and improve it and people are critical of us. The Thing is these people don’t experience what we experience and so it’s hard for them to empathise because all they see is the bad things which is fair enough because how can you convey to people without bpd what it feels like.

sometimes I feel so empty and hollow like bored and who am I and what am I and at other times I feel like there’s an emotional hurricane going on inside, which results in me saying or doing stuff that hurts other people. This is all other people see because they can’t see / feel what causes the behaviour. You’re doing really well realising the behaviour isn’t healthy! It took me ages to do that - don’t let other people upset, its because they don’t know what it feels like And a lot of people haven’t even heard of bpd - I know it hurts though, but keep trying! :hug:

M

MYTIMEHASCOME

Oh and I got a neck biopsy on Friday so at least I can find out if the lump in my neck is bad or not or if it helps them find out what’s making me not feel great - that’s kinda good news I guess 🙌🏻❤🤗

G

Girl interupted

Taking with a therapist is part of the process of healing and it does get better in time. Be brave. Its thr only way to successfully manage bpd.

Don't share with people who can't give you the support you need.