• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

do you ever feel like youre helping people

N

Nukelavee

Yup. I try to help people here, and sometimes I get direct feedback.

I help people in my building - I do small errands and favours, I listen to their problems, and I try to do nice things when people are down - I get thank-yous and, sometimes, gifts.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I think its good to help others out it stops me from feeling I’m just vegetating. I volunteer at an elderly care project. Ive also been doing befriending phone calls during the pandemic plus i volunteer on this forum

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Taking a break
I produce a hit top-rated podcast that helps the community.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

I volunteer for the forum, and enjoy helping others etc.

Z

Zoe1

I think if you help people in the right way
it also helps you

N

natalie

I always enjoy to help others reach their targets/goals, by the week ending/month ending with my when it might happen, occasional on call volunteering in adminstrative work. By that i mean, I enjoy helping the paid s taff out.

EdEd

EdEd

I enjoy helping people In the town I'm in with addictions.. and helping people on here with thought pattern troubles...and try to guide them to an alternate way to think... ((Lately has been highly unsuccessful))

N

Nukelavee

and try to guide them to an alternate way to think... ((Lately has been highly unsuccessful))
Trying to get people to consider a different paradigm can be difficult, all you can do is keep trying to redescribe your concept, and hope it eventually clicks. And hopefully not make the other person feel nagged.

Lavender_Rose

Lavender_Rose

Hm, not really. I mean sometimes I say nice things or try to be helpful, but i think I'm equally as vengeful against people I feel have done me wrong. I also think I drag other people down. So i feel like it doesn't really equal out. So I might be helping people but not in a way that makes the world a better place. If that makes sense.