• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Do you ever feel like you're existing and not living?

Sendmetothevoid13

Sendmetothevoid13

So does anyone else feel like they just exist and aren't really living? Or is it just me?

Sendmetothevoid13

Sendmetothevoid13

Alright I'm not the only one
...Knowing that there are others who feel the same and who knows what I'm talking about puts me somewhat at ease..

C

charlieblack5

100%

Each day passes, and I feel no sense of life. I’m existing but not living. I’m not being my ideal self, I’m declining social events and situations, I’m not enjoying life one bit and it’s been this way for months.

TooMuchPain

TooMuchPain

I feel dead inside. I don’t know how to climb out. At this point I think I will ride the numb until death.

Nate

Nate

Sometimes I feel as though Im missing out on Life, like I'm not really living. I just go through the motions, not really feeling anything at all

M

ManDss

A lot. Mostly some years ago. I didnt have anything to do or anyone to talk on the afternoons, so I used to go to the city alone, sit on a park, alone, and pretend I was doing something for some hours, smoke, and smoke... after the 3rd or 4th cigarette on a row couldnt pretend anymore, walked to another area, started smocking again, until night and go back home, so sad, the days were just empty.

This days I dont have much to do, or anything that gives me joy, but I think more about my future and how to change it, so its a way to feel Im living, but spend days like a ghost at home really takes me down.

TooMuchPain

TooMuchPain

A lot. Mostly some years ago. I didnt have anything to do or anyone to talk on the afternoons, so I used to go to the city alone, sit on a park, alone, and pretend I was doing something for some hours, smoke, and smoke... after the 3rd or 4th cigarette on a row couldnt pretend anymore, walked to another area, started smocking again, until night and go back home, so sad, the days were just empty.

This days I dont have much to do, or anything that gives me joy, but I think more about my future and how to change it, so its a way to feel Im living, but spend days like a ghost at home really takes me down.
I haven’t smoked in a long time. But I would have done what you do, sitting on a park bench chain smoking.

I love my dog and would have gotten one anyway. But one of the reasons I do have him is becuase I feel like less of a loser at the park by myself because I’m walking my dog. I don’t think I would go to the park without him.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
So does anyone else feel like they just exist and aren't really living? Or is it just me?
I feel like this all the time and I have since childhood. Sometimes I feel OK, but usually I'm just watching the days pass by as I grow older and older without ever doing or accomplishing anything of significance.

NoNameRequired

NoNameRequired

Yes, I have no purpose or nothing I really would like to do. In fact, I don't want to make any goals because I know I will fail to reach them.

mirrormaker

mirrormaker

I have been living a teen life till now and im 35. Its the only kind of life i know how to handle but now im an adult and i can clearly see a terrible future ahead. No more life left to enjoy. Its the beginning of just surviving but not enjoying it much

C

Comorbidity

I am the walking dead, I've been dead for 9 years

FallingLeaves

FallingLeaves

Existing for the purpose of doing a dead end job, to pay the bills, to work more, to pay the bills, to work more.....

Until you're dead.