• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

do you ever feel broken, like you need fixing?

M

Misssad1111

i'm always wishing i could fix myself. i have a deep rotted pod of ANGER in me. pure rage. im like the angriest person ever even my mom complains to me im so angry. even when i was 5 my grandfather said "this girl is too angry"

B

Bod

Former member
For me I use to be broken and could never see a way for me to be fixed as my pure rage and anger and hatred of the world was very deep, then after years of help and rebuilding my life I have no more anger in my mind at all but to get where I am now I have had to work through blood sweat and tears as everyday I still work on my self.

M

Misssad1111

For me I use to be broken and could never see a way for me to be fixed as my pure rage and anger and hatred of the world was very deep, then after years of help and rebuilding my life I have no more anger in my mind at all but to get where I am now I have had to work through blood sweat and tears as everyday I still work on my self.
really? i have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much anger. i mean seriously way, way, way too much anger that i have trouble controlling. idk what to do about it. im super hurt deep inside

B

Bod

Former member
Have you talked to a doctor or a therapist maybe anger management.

M

Misssad1111

really? i have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much anger. i mean seriously way, way, way too much anger that i have trouble controlling. idk what to do about it. im super hurt deep inside
i seriously have no self-control when it comes to my temper and food

M

Misssad1111

Have you talked to a doctor or a therapist maybe anger management.
no she just put me on lamictal. i dont like therapy, it makes me feel worse

P

paws4thought

formerly Anxietyhell
Have you tried to understand why or where the anger comes from? Is it because of what others have said/done or how they made you feel? Or is it a form of frustration? Maybe trying to identify the reasons may help you try to address and control it... We all have it in us to be angry /lose temper - but if its a constant feeling, then it can become destructive not only to yourself but those around you..Could it be related to the food?

M

Misssad1111

i think it's everything. my mind is shit which makes my life shit and im pissed my mind is shit like this. i want a healthy brain. or even close to healthy

B

Bod

Former member
Have you always felt like you do now even in childhood ?

Jigglypuff Fan

Jigglypuff Fan

I used to feel that way but a lot of it was due to being undiagnosed with Asperger’s disorder and no one knowing that I had it or the signs of me having it that explained a lot of my behavior and reactions to certain things. People just assumed that I wasn’t acting like every other kid my age and that it was my fault and I needed to change in order to fit in which never really worked. After I got diagnosed with Asperger’s did it all make sense as to why I became so fascinated with certain things, why I had screaming fits if I got frustrated and had trouble explaining what I was going through, why I had issues learning math, and why it seemed like I couldn’t understand how to do certain things the way others could do it or have a basic knowledge of what is and isn’t the correct way to say something. I never was broken to begin with and it was just that I had a disorder that affected the way my brain functions and that no one ever really had considered being the real issue. Being told I had Asperger’s definitely explained why I could play songs that were recognizable on the piano by ear with very little formal training and why it seemed like I became obsessed with very specific things.

M

Misssad1111

Have you always felt like you do now even in childhood ?
i was HELLA depressed as a child. i was always grounded and sitting in a room all alone. i wasn't allowed to go out at all. not even to eat lunch with church friends. i did not have a happy childhood, i remember i always felt like i was in prison.

B

Bod

Former member
So why does talking about your anger make you worse ?

M

Misssad1111

I used to feel that way but a lot of it was due to being undiagnosed with Asperger’s disorder and no one knowing that I had it or the signs of me having it that explained a lot of my behavior and reactions to certain things. People just assumed that I wasn’t acting like every other kid my age and that it was my fault and I needed to change in order to fit in which never really worked. After I got diagnosed with Asperger’s did it all make sense as to why I became so fascinated with certain things, why I had screaming fits if I got frustrated and had trouble explaining what I was going through, why I had issues learning math, and why it seemed like I couldn’t understand how to do certain things the way others could do it or have a basic knowledge of what is and isn’t the correct way to say something. I never was broken to begin with and it was just that I had a disorder that affected the way my brain functions and that no one ever really had considered being the real issue. Being told I had Asperger’s definitely explained why I could play songs that were recognizable on the piano by ear with very little formal training and why it seemed like I became obsessed with very specific things.
that's very interesting to hear with someone with Asperger's disorder. that's good you got a diagnosis. im curious at what age they diagnosed you?