• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Do you believe it is real, and what convinced you.

H

Hello513Zombie

Personally I don't believe my symptoms were real. Every test, and method I applied to them seems to be more evidence they are not real.

I am curious why people believe their voices are real. Do you have any evidence, and what would it be?

I am probably going to be skeptical, but if any one has hard evidence I would like to hear it. Though I have my doubts such evidence exists, and is more likely a result of synchronicity and confirmation bias.

I will try not to debate, and just let you post what convinced you your voices were real.

Personally I employed mental re-wiring techniques to debunk the idea that it was real, and now I am virtually symptom free off meds. This and other reasons is why I am extremely skeptical such things are real.

Did you test the voices? What convinces you its real?

JustMe1982

JustMe1982

I am not sure either way but one of the reasons I think they are real sometimes is because it sounds like different people and talks completely different from me and has used words I don't use or don't know the meaning of sometimes. Not great evidence I guess but it messes with me.

JustMe1982

JustMe1982

How did you test your voices to see if they were real or not? I would like to try that.

H

Hello513Zombie

How did you test your voices to see if they were real or not? I would like to try that.
I demanded very factual knowledge I could verify. They failed to provide it. Then I discovered I could force them to my will, which confirmed it was all in my head. I cannot do that to real people, but I can do it to the voices in my head.

H

Hello513Zombie

I demanded very factual knowledge I could verify. They failed to provide it. Then I discovered I could force them to my will, which confirmed it was all in my head. I cannot do that to real people, but I can do it to the voices in my head.

JustMe1982

JustMe1982

Did that help make your voices less frequent or still the same?

EdEd

EdEd

Well for my it started a little bit when I was watching television... everytime I would advert my attention from the tv..the voice would say something that would pertain to me and what I was doing..so , naturally I thought I had been hacked or something logical , I had many many cameras and it would explain how that was happening..but it started to get weird when I went over to my friends house... I was completely unaware that she was this way (Schizophrenic ) as it never ever came up in our conversations She started to answer me out of my head..like things I was thinking she would answer them outloud... I choked... she was my only friend outside my family.. and I couldn't believe that she was actually hearing my thoughts... I thought I was hacked...and kinda thought she might of gotten hacked too at first... she continued to suggest she was hearing my thoughts repetitively... and I continued to choked..thinking of the worst possible things that anyone could think of... insults and rude comments.. which I didnt mean any of them... at all... I was just so freaked out and nervous that I continued to choke... spewing out heinous terrible thoughts with little idea of how to control what was happening to me... as it had just happened...my heart was in my throat... I could see from the look on her face that what I had thought had been heard , she looked confused and hurt... her mood changed...I had changed her , with my incredibly uncalled for thoughts....but how.. how I wondered its impossible... there's no way!!! It confirmed there with our outward spoken dialogue.. I also have many other accounts of this happening with various different people.

J

jerseyguy77

For me it would be how it started. I was (foolishly) experimenting with recording EVP in my home back during the winter of 2015. For the first 2 weeks or so of recording, I heard nothing. But then one day I did a recording session and to my amazement, I heard voices on the recording answering my questions. This really got me interested, so I kept recording and the more I recorded, the more voices I was hearing on these recordings.

At first, the voices seeming non-threatening, but into the second month.....this other element showed up on the recordings who seemed more inclined to mess with me, try to frighten me, etc.... One day while I was at work, I heard this group of voices with just my naked ears.....the same heckler voices that I had just been hearing on my recordings. From that day on, I began hearing voices.

At first, it was a lot of voices....dozens at least. But now, it's mostly just one, at least on a regular basis. This voice sounds like a young woman. About two years ago she told me her name was "Crystal". She's very intrusive and tries to be dominating. Her voice and personality is exactly the same as it was when I first heard it on recording in 2015....exactly the same. Not only do I perceive her voice, but she can also cause me to feel bodily sensations. I experience these to more or less a degree practically every night as soon as I get into bed. It's things like feeling jabs to my back, feeling something "clinging to me"...and often this weird vibration sensation.

I quit recording back in 2015, basically as soon as I started having incidents of hearing the voices outside of my recordings. But, occasionally I will still capture her voice on a random video I make. It happened twice this past Summer, when I made a few videos with my phone for something work related. So, I hear her.....I still capture her voice on recording once and awhile, I can literally feel her presence in a direct and pronounced physical manner every night. While I can't explain who or what this female voice is, I am confronted with the fact that she is external to me. There have been times when I've tried to convince myself otherwise, but she'll do something to reinforce the reality of her presence. Like sometimes, I'll feel movement on my bed or such.....hear and feel the weight pressing the mattress down. "There are more things in Heaven and Earth...." I guess