• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Do You Agree With Your Voices Opinion Of You?

albie

albie

If they say a bad thing is it not something you have thought about yourself before or maybe are likely to?

Do you hate yourself?

Do the voices therefore hate you?

Are the voices wrong about you?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I quite like myself, my voice hates me and tells me everyday and also says "f-you" many times a day but that's only because I ignore him completely and have done for just over two years now and I medicate him so he's much quieter now.

H

he_reo_ahau

I think they often reflect how you feel about you, or how you think others might feel abut you. Sometimes they say the exact opposite of how you feel.

N

natalie

I am on medication of a high dose, not too high though, so I couldn't really comment about this.

albie

albie

I am on medication of a high dose, not too high though, so I couldn't really comment about this.
That sounds nice. I just upped my dosage by 5 mgs(olanzapine)

M

moonskifter

I don't hate myself. I have hated myself briefly over some mistakes but i don't deserve to be tortured over mistakes. I deserve forgiveness. the voices mostly hate me for some unreasonable reason, misunderstanding, assumption they incorrectly believe is true, or just some reason I cannot figure out because according to them "She's stupid!"