• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Do we feel alone due to our Schizophrenia

G

Ghost1000

I feel alone most of time, because of Schizophrenia. I wanted other people's perspectives about this topic, which would help me understand other people's views, it would be appreciated, if people responded to this thread. Ever since I have been diagnosed with Schizophrenia; I have felt isolated.

M

Mister_Fabulous formerly BetaMale

I have schizophrenia and have no friends because of it. Posting on this forum is the only socialization I engage in.

Avolitionist

Avolitionist

I also feel alone with schizophrenia. Even when I do meet people, I always seem to push them away or avoid them. It's like watching a bad play of my own life. I know its happening, but I can't seem to stop the show.

Kygoldy

Kygoldy

I feel alone with schizophrenia too I've literally isolated myself as I don't know anymore how to be around people and old friends it really sucks because I UST to have loads of friends before I was diagnosed with this shit hole !! I don't feel like I'd be mush company anymore because I have gone quiet listening to my voices my mum barley gets two words from me and she's my rock she keeps me talking or trys to distract me from listening to the bull shit I endure everyday , I like this forum because you get to chat to people who know what your going through but at the same time I'd love to know who you really are xx

W

wrongplanet

Yeah, I barely used to speak and besides being schizophrenic I had crippling social anxiety. Medications helped and made it possible for me to talk to people, I have no shyness anymore, but just can't connect to anyone further the light small talk. Even people with similar interests don't want to be friends. I don't get it, I'm socially clueless when it comes to making friends, I boil it down to status symbols.
People really love status and I have no status to offer them being a poor schizophrenic on disability. That's why I think they are so dismissive of me. I lost my looks, getting fat on medications, so there goes my chance at being a trophy wife.

L

llittlelostlady

I like being alone...but then I'm autistic so my view point might not be valuable to you

L

llittlelostlady

Yeah, I barely used to speak and besides being schizophrenic I had crippling social anxiety. Medications helped and made it possible for me to talk to people, I have no shyness anymore, but just can't connect to anyone further the light small talk. Even people with similar interests don't want to be friends. I don't get it, I'm socially clueless when it comes to making friends, I boil it down to status symbols.
People really love status and I have no status to offer them being a poor schizophrenic on disability. That's why I think they are so dismissive of me. I lost my looks, getting fat on medications, so there goes my chance at being a trophy wife.
why do you need to connect?

I just need to like their company

L

llittlelostlady

status is bollocks...its all about whom you are...

and I bet your rather lovable

ht46

ht46

I have 2 people who are close, the isolation I feel is that it feels like I will never be anything other than schizophrenic there's no losing that label and I've failed at every attempt to make something of myself even if I hadn't I would still be labeled in that sense I feel alone seeing people live there lives as professionals etc.

T

toto

I have a few questions for you: How do you perceive your voices - foreign interference or part of you? It really can't help to understand that: everyone can have an internal dialogue. Whether you are a schizophrenic or a normal person is determined by how you look at your inner voice. If you think God has connected with you, you are sick, if you think it is an inner voice, the struggle between "should" and "want" is normal.

T

toto

Also, my theory is that voices appear when you don't sleep for a few days. Do you sleep well? Otherwise, on the subject ... although with countless psychoses, I have friends. From my last job I have 4 good acquaintances with whom I keep in touch, although I have already left.

T

toto

Because of the "illness" I can't keep my job. Sounds a little dumb. I can't stand being driven crazy. I put up with my bosses with their nonsense for a period of about 6 months, after which I make a crisis, write emails, explain what prevents me from working ... because of the amount of emails, they conclude that I'm crazy, they remove me, after a few months they change bosses because they see that my emails are true.

T

toto

I began to wonder if I should look for a job through my "disability" with a special requirement to just treat me politely, not to test how I would react if I was accused of making a mistake and I wasn't. workplace was this.Every week different controls and different rules, without specifying, you understand when you announce the mistakes.Absolute stupidity. I wonder how other people endured this daily humiliation. And who is crazy-me or they that continue to suffer.