• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Do u think about ur mental ilness everyday

E

Eminem 12345

For me I think about it constantly I don't want to but I can't help it I think I look at it as part of my identity when I shouldn't I seem to think everything I do also is liked to my disorder when it's not

OCDguy

OCDguy

Rather than concentrate on your mental illness/label etc. think more about the obstacle(s) that are holding you back. When looking at those said obstacles think of it in terms of cause and effect. Ignore the effect as hard as that is, and concentrate on the cause(s), simply because when you deal with the cause(s) the effects will diminish, yes that does mean struggling as you over come those obstacles... but better to deal with the causes than suffer with the effects for however long it takes to start making the effort. If you have a lot of causes work through them in terms of priorities. Good luck, and keep us posted :)

J

jamraspberry

Yes, I think about my mental illness everyday, it feels "like a shadow harming me", I hate my anxiety and depression symptoms.

OCDguy

OCDguy

The thing is it feels like a shadow harming me is a effect. Are your anxiety and depression symptoms also the effects? Are you able to work on your anxiety and depression causes to start easing the burden of their effects?