Do they ever go away?

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

The constant noise and voices are getting me down. It isn't negative (thankfully), if anything it is like overly positive statements repeated over and over and over again. But it is every waking hour.

The thought of living the rest of my life with this makes me not want to continue living.

I just want some peace and quiet.

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Hi LadyDomino
Are you on any medications for your voices?

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

I'm on meds for bipolar/depression - Lamotrigine, Lithium, Duloxitine

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

when I told them, It was a case of the voices aren't telling you to kill or harm yourself or anyone else, so he wasn't interested.

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Oh thats not right. The voices are still distressing to you.
Have you found anything that calms them down like playing music? Distraction techniques?

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

I wish distraction / meditation / mindfulness did work - but the noises pervade over them. I used to love reading - but haven't been able to concentrate on a book in months. Music excites them and they select a few words from the song and keep repeating it, so I gave up on music.

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Oh yes i can see why music doesnt work. ear worms i call them when music lyrics float around my head over and over.
Sorry i cant offer much advice i only hear voices at night when im overtired. So my situation is different.
Hopefully other members will come across your thread and offer some good advice.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Honestly I don't know if they'll ever go away,
I pray and hope that one day they do

NWiddi

NWiddi

My voice is pretty much constant and the only thing stopping me from going insane is the medication (10mg Aripiprazole and 4mg Risperidone) which reduces the volume of the voice by around 95%.

It's so quiet now I can concentrate on reading, watching TV and films if I focus really hard.

If I listen to music he'll repeat bits over and over again sometimes for hours on end or even days.

He keeps saying "If you stop (ignoring him), I'll stop" but he's a compulsive liar so I want him to stop upfront before I even consider talking to him again but when he tells himself that his only response is "f-you!" and he does this routine many times a day. This has been going on for three years now and I doubt he'll learn in another three. A definition of insanity is repeating the same behaviour over and over expecting different results, which mine does all the time.

Not that any of that is helpful to you but at least you're not alone.

O

OCDguy

For me, I find sitting in a quiet room, and focussing purely on that room helps...

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

Thank you all for your replies.

It is helpful to know I am not alone, that someone else understands.

C

Cat

I don't know if they will go away. Mine have been significantly reduced in terms of numbers of different voices, intensity, and duration however. Despite the fact that I am not currently on any medication, the voices in my head are now down to one (whereas I used to perceive very many voices and "presences"), the one that is left is now audible less frequently, and when "he" is audible it doesn't last as long anymore. That means I get several hours of rest away from the voice per day. So I am hopeful that one day he will be gone altogether, but for now I live with it fairly well.

C

Cat

I wish distraction / meditation / mindfulness did work - but the noises pervade over them. I used to love reading - but haven't been able to concentrate on a book in months. Music excites them and they select a few words from the song and keep repeating it, so I gave up on music.
Have you tried music without lyrics? Like binurial beats?

E

ernesto3

They definitely do get better. I hope they go away though.

Mine were 24/7 for months, I couldn’t even sleep before because I thought they were real people & that they’d harm me in my sleep. Now though, they’re quiet every so hours for some time. They’re definitely getting better though, a lot easier to ignore now. Best of luck.

M

messenger

mine go away when I am with other people or in deep thought. i read somewhere online a guy who heard voices for 25 years, maybe someone said 50 years. I am up to 18 years now.

they went away for a few years when I was busy working in an office with lots of people.

they recently went away because I learned how to blocked them as described in another post.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Hearing Voices Forum 21