• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Do they creep you out?

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

No mine don't creep me out as they're non-existent. They use to creep me out though , big time.
Same here, occasionally I will here quiet whispers at the distance from my hearing, but I can't make out what they are saying there so faint.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I wish I couldn't make out what my voice was saying but every single word is as clear as a bell.

He keeps saying my name followed by a "please!", "don't!" or "stop!". Begging, whining and ranting about how unfair I am towards him.

He's not long since caused my physical pain and yet he'll still say please, don't and stop all night long.

Spooky tooth

Spooky tooth

the male voice often tells me he hates me with my full name. then he makes homosexual overtures by telling me I am beautiful. it just makes me feel nauseous.

I do not mind homosexual overtures by someone I like - but this is mental rape.

Spooky tooth

Spooky tooth

I get similar “You’re beautiful “ rubbish as well , in between “ F^*k you “ & “ Handle it “ .... Mental rape exactly , no other true description .

E

EclipticNight

I dont hear my beast, it communicates through emotions but I do hear "ghosts". Freaked me out as a kid but now I'm so used to it that it's just part of the day. My beast scares me, ghosts confuse me lol.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I have finally found a weak spot. I made a sordid reference to their religious gods and they have backed off. They are now faint to hear and it is much better.

P

philthespark

Can I ask a genuine question here, how do you know if you are hearing voices? I used to get asked that all the time by the doctors, but how do I know what's a voice and whats just a thought?
I know it might seem a silly question but I really don't get it, suppose i'm talking to someone and they are just talking crap, like they think they know what they're on about but don't,. I get this little thing in my head and it confuses me.
The best way I can explain it is like this, you know when you hear a really catchy tune on the radio and it sort of 'plays' in your head for ages, you can hear the tune, well it's a bit like that. I get someone talking crap about something and then this 'thing' in my head will pop up with something like, 'oh just tell him he's talking bollocks' or 'oh just get up and walk away', or something similar. Now is that a voice, or isn't it? I'm not really sure.

W

WH433

Can I ask a genuine question here, how do you know if you are hearing voices? I used to get asked that all the time by the doctors, but how do I know what's a voice and whats just a thought?
I know it might seem a silly question but I really don't get it, suppose i'm talking to someone and they are just talking crap, like they think they know what they're on about but don't,. I get this little thing in my head and it confuses me.
The best way I can explain it is like this, you know when you hear a really catchy tune on the radio and it sort of 'plays' in your head for ages, you can hear the tune, well it's a bit like that. I get someone talking crap about something and then this 'thing' in my head will pop up with something like, 'oh just tell him he's talking bollocks' or 'oh just get up and walk away', or something similar. Now is that a voice, or isn't it? I'm not really sure.
I don’t really know when it’s happening, I think it’s a real person hiding in the ceiling, just around the corner etc.

telepathic_one

telepathic_one

For me my voices had multiple people all taking turns speaking like a dialogue and each voice had their own agenda.

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

Maybe if I changed my tone to more of a yelling tone? I’ve tried like a duck quaking and being crazy... but I’ve never yelled at my voices...
I’m not comfortable doing that.
I also hiss a lot at them.
Or repeat what I’ve thought about out loud.