Do the meds make you dumber?

T

Tyme90

I feel like I'm getting progressively dumber and dumber. :scratcheshead:

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

ACCOUNT CLOSED
IDK. I still feel smart. I am used to the meds though. I do sometimes struggle with poverty of speech, but that is a symptom of schiz. I guess people think I am dumb if I have nothing to say.

A lot of what so-called clever people say is a lot of hot air anyway. I prefer to simplify life.

atlia

atlia

A lot of what so-called clever people say is a lot of hot air anyway. I prefer to simplify life.
that's a valid point

however, there're also people who have something meaningful to say but for some reason choose not to say it. depending on the circumstances this may deserve some respect. i, on the other hand, feel like i (almost) never have anything to say, even if i wanted to say something. not talking isn't my choice, but i (generally) have no other option. that's somewhat unfortunate

would be easier if i didn't want to talk in the first place, but there's still this part of me that wants to be 'like other people' (in a sense that they have stuff to talk about as opposed to myself)

Jbb79

Jbb79

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Meds Don't make you Dumber, You are still the Same Person if, you stop taking them xx

But, I would get so Lethargic And, Disoriented -- I Couldn't finish My thoughts, let Alone Sentences xx Meds can Slow you So much down, It's like Well Losing IQ Points But, If you Get off the Meds, it Returns almost Immediately -- I Would not Stop Taking Needed drugs to Just feel Smarter I'd, Consider more Things ….

I'd Talk to friends, Family … And, Doctor -- Possibly, if It's A good Doctor ! !

Last edited:
letmein

letmein

I'd Talk to friends, Family … And, Doctor -- Possibly, if It's A good Doctor ! !
I'm scared to stop talking right now, I know if I stop I'll fall, if I fall any lower i know what will happen.

Jbb79

Jbb79

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I Understand, It can Be Complex . . Maybe you Could be More Specific, What's going Right now, I'm scared of Dying, Too -- But It's years A-way -- What's going On, Presently . .

letmein

letmein

I Understand, It can Be Complex . . Maybe you Could be More Specific, What's going Right now, I'm scared of Dying, Too -- But It's years A-way -- What's going On, Presently . .
a lot of stuff, money/debt family, relationships everything is overwhelming me.

unspoken-words

unspoken-words

Meds Don't make you Dumber, You are still the Same Person if, you stop taking them xx

But, I would get so Lethargic And, Disoriented -- I Couldn't finish My thoughts, let Alone Sentences xx Meds can Slow you So much down, It's like Well Losing IQ Points But, If you Get off the Meds, it Returns almost Immediately -- I Would not Stop Taking Needed drugs to Just feel Smarter I'd, Consider more Things ….

Yes what you say in your post is absolutely right , it all depends on if you want to come off the drugs or not , I am worried to come off my anti-depressants because I may crash into depression again :(

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

Well I think they make me dumber. I can't remember things well anymore. I also have a much harder time learning anything these days. I talk wrong a lot too. :shrug: :scratcheshead: :BLAH:

T

ThingsiExplore

I'm on Zyprexa and Latuda and i definitely feel dumber. I signed up for a few college courses and i dropped out of both of them due to poor memory. It's still better than having delusions and hallucinations though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
fiver Schizophrenia Forum 20
Mr.NiceGuy Schizophrenia Forum 2
R Schizophrenia Forum 19
R Schizophrenia Forum 4