• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Do people who know you hear voices, constantly ask what they say?

G

GTP

• Identify your attacker. Know his or her name, status, workplace and motives. If you have actually done something wrong, mentally apologise. Visualise your attacker smiling or shaking hands with you.
  • You can only hold one idea in your conscious mind. Place it on something that’s good for you, that you control . The idea in your mind has to be beneficial for you and others. For example , hold the idea that you have to breathe in and out and to follow that breath in order to gain relaxation. Don’t waste your concentration and the one-idea-space of frustration.
  • Visualise a white light coming through your crown chakra and bathing you like a river flowing from heaven.
  • Say mentally : „I want you to leave me alone.” Add a reason to it to make it stronger such as „...because you are doing a wrong thing.” Or you can say „I desire that you leave me alone.” Or „I desire this to stop.” . Or „I am not amused” or „I am confident that this is a joke.”
  • Make plans and stick to them: Follow a diet, say you will write something beautiful for 5 minutes every day and stick to it or work out.
  • Know the truth about yourself – what you eat , how you interact with people , what your life goals are , what are your weaknesses, what are your strengths, what you like, what you dislike, what you remember pleasantly etc.
  • Think positively. Imagine yourself on a beach with the waves smashing against the shore. Feel the sand underneath your feet and say „I want this.” Get creative. Have fun. Psychic attack thrives on negative emotions so avoid them. Everything is going to be okay. Be grateful and celebrate.
  • Ask God for help. „God, I want you to help me repell this.” (in a civilized and respectful tone).
  • Laugh at the psychic attacker and at the negative thoughts. Ironize and crack jokes on him or her.
  • Use logic and DEMAND PROOF THAT SOMETHING BAD IS GOING TO HAPPEN. Use reasoning. „If I am a smart guy/girl with good principles and intelligence then how can I do something like that or something like that happen to me or why should I feel like that?”

Hello513

Hello513

I only disclose to the doctors, but I do not mind disclosing to them as it helps me keep the voices away.

Heartbroken

Heartbroken

No they don't. I've told two people, they've never asked unless I told them. It seems to be a better option to keep it to myself and just suffer in silence

consciousnessdetective

consciousnessdetective

• Identify your attacker. Know his or her name, status, workplace and motives. If you have actually done something wrong, mentally apologise. Visualise your attacker smiling or shaking hands with you.
  • You can only hold one idea in your conscious mind. Place it on something that’s good for you, that you control . The idea in your mind has to be beneficial for you and others. For example , hold the idea that you have to breathe in and out and to follow that breath in order to gain relaxation. Don’t waste your concentration and the one-idea-space of frustration.
  • Visualise a white light coming through your crown chakra and bathing you like a river flowing from heaven.
  • Say mentally : „I want you to leave me alone.” Add a reason to it to make it stronger such as „...because you are doing a wrong thing.” Or you can say „I desire that you leave me alone.” Or „I desire this to stop.” . Or „I am not amused” or „I am confident that this is a joke.”
  • Make plans and stick to them: Follow a diet, say you will write something beautiful for 5 minutes every day and stick to it or work out.
  • Know the truth about yourself – what you eat , how you interact with people , what your life goals are , what are your weaknesses, what are your strengths, what you like, what you dislike, what you remember pleasantly etc.
  • Think positively. Imagine yourself on a beach with the waves smashing against the shore. Feel the sand underneath your feet and say „I want this.” Get creative. Have fun. Psychic attack thrives on negative emotions so avoid them. Everything is going to be okay. Be grateful and celebrate.
  • Ask God for help. „God, I want you to help me repell this.” (in a civilized and respectful tone).
  • Laugh at the psychic attacker and at the negative thoughts. Ironize and crack jokes on him or her.
  • Use logic and DEMAND PROOF THAT SOMETHING BAD IS GOING TO HAPPEN. Use reasoning. „If I am a smart guy/girl with good principles and intelligence then how can I do something like that or something like that happen to me or why should I feel like that?”
Thanks for this list :)
I haven't had anyone ask me this, though I've only told one friend I have visual hallucinations at night.

soul searching

soul searching

I really like sharing mine. It makes me feel less alone with this problem and it seems to take away some of its power.

A

Alfredoagainst the voices

I honestly hate that question and have been asked it more times then i can count, especially from psychiatrists, doctors, nurses and counsellors.
To me it feels inappropriate to ask that question. It is a deeply personal thing i suppose like they are trying to pry into your mind to judge.

Anyone else feel somewhat similar to that?
I don’t mind answering that question because if we talk about what they say we could see there similar in the games they play etc and we could also see how silly it sounds what they say!!

A

Alfredoagainst the voices

I don’t mind sharing what they say because then people could know and agree that what they say is silly it’s like a predotar wants you to stay quit same with the voices they don’t like you telling people what they say because it’s nonsense and so on!!!