• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

DO PEOPLE ON HERE REALLY CARE?

L

Ladyfair

Yesterday I wrote a post titled My Eyes, Depression, Appts. I got one reply as far as I know I haven't checked yet so sorry if I'm wrong. I was reaching out for help, a word of encouragement maybe. Someone to say I know what your going through, I care. My point is I see a lot of posts on here where people are crying out for help. Some get responses some get a lot and some get no responses. Other threads get hundreds of responses and their not as important. Honestly I'm hurt and feel angry, we come here for support I feel like no one really cares. If you look up my post from yesterday maybe you will understand what I mean. I'm not being mean and I know I'm not the only one on here with problems. I'm terrified about going out to Dr appts. That is what I have to do tomorrow. I needed to express how I'm feeling which is depressed, scared, anxious and defeated.

N

NewStarter

I'm unsure of what to write, alot.
But youve explained what you would like to hear
Which is good so thanks and sorry :hug:

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Your thread got 27 views which isn't too bad for a thread that was posted late last night and has been up just under 24 hours but sadly it had only one reply, I'm sorry others didn't feel they could reply to you, I can only guess what reasons they may have for not doing so.

I too have made threads which get few or even no replies.

Loveurself

Loveurself

I guess that's one of the shortfalls of a platform like this, god bless you.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I’m sorry your thread did not receive the response you wanted. It might have some to do with whether it was highlighted as a “New Post” and the time of day that you posted it. I have made posts before that have received way fewer responses than I was hoping for. My experience is that this is a forum filled with very caring people. We just might not get around to viewing or replying to everything that is posted. Maybe if you provided a link to the thread and asked people to respond to it you would receive more replies. xo, j

S

StillDepressed

Honestly I think the forum is full of caring people as a whole although I have came across the odd non-caring.

Most of my posts haven't got the responses I was expecting, but then most of the time I don't know what to say to others, anxious that what I might say maybe taken the wrong way and be taken negatively or don't value my own opinion enough to share
I think everyone here has issues of their own and it's not easy to try helping others out when you are struggling yourself. I don't like the 'positive cliches' people come up with, I find them patronising and I would not be coming on and writing 'I'm sure it will be OK' or 'Try not to worry'

Ras

Ras

ACCOUNT CLOSED
it would seem a fair few honestly care about others on here but i can only speak for myself and well to be completely honest, i wouldn't say i care because i just dont. I am more interested in certain things here and even on rare occasions have tried offering advice or help just to be nice.

I think people caring can not be such a good thing all the time though because those people could tend to lie and say what they think others want to hear just to be able to cheer them up and that is good and all but it doesnt really solve anything. I am at least honest with what i write on here anyway.
i also think most people seem to comment on things that in a way relates to them or have had similar experiences and that makes sense especially if people are out to comfort others and so on.

You didnt get the amount of responses that you wanted and well that just happens on any social type of site. Just dont give up and keep posting what you want and more and more people will see it and im sure soon enough you will get the responses you want

Huckleberry

Huckleberry

Yesterday I wrote a post titled My Eyes, Depression, Appts. I got one reply as far as I know I haven't checked yet so sorry if I'm wrong. I was reaching out for help, a word of encouragement maybe. Someone to say I know what your going through, I care. My point is I see a lot of posts on here where people are crying out for help. Some get responses some get a lot and some get no responses. Other threads get hundreds of responses and their not as important. Honestly I'm hurt and feel angry, we come here for support I feel like no one really cares. If you look up my post from yesterday maybe you will understand what I mean. I'm not being mean and I know I'm not the only one on here with problems. I'm terrified about going out to Dr appts. That is what I have to do tomorrow. I needed to express how I'm feeling which is depressed, scared, anxious and defeated.
I don't blame you for being nervous for dr appointments. When i get nervous or just for extra confidence i dress comfy. I hope your anxiety goes away. I know what it is but i only get it in groups of people or in situations where I'm expected to say something.

L

LittleLeaf4

In response @Ladyfair I haven't been on the forum much today so am sorry I wasn't around to see your post and perhaps reply in some way :hug:

soul searching

soul searching

Sorry that happened to you, Ladyfair! That has happened to me too. I figure people can't relate or they just are too sick to respond. This is my first message in a while now. Just not up for it. Don't know why. I'm ok, though.

L

Ladyfair

Fair enough. At the same time when a member has the courage to make a post about how they are honestly feeling, it is not easy to do. A reply such as this suggesting they are attention seeking is not very kind. IMO anyway.

I have respect that someone says, look this is how something made me feel. It is better than sitting on feelings of being hurt or it growing into anger etc.
Thank you LittleLeaf4 bless you. I see you closed your account, I will miss you hope you see this and come back. There are some good people left in this sad world.🌹