Do not see any improvements in my mental health

J

joe12

Hi again,
I have been meditating for a whole year, I have been seeing a therapist for the 3 months and I have been going to the gym and exercising almost everyday for the past month and a half in an attempt to beat depression and anxiety. But when I reflect my state of mind I feel like I'm the same I was just a year ago, still depressed, still feeling tired with life and just feeling like it's not worth it. I feel weird around my friends, i don't know what to do with myself or act anymore. I don't feel like communicating with my family and feel like I cant hold a conversation. My almost only moments of bliss is when I am in front a computer or tv screen and do not need to listen to my thoughts.
Maybe im just feeling low at the moment and my improvement is unclear, but I know that I still feel weird about life.
One of my other theories is that all my insecurities, my bad habits and my low self-esteem that have been attached to me since starting middle school where subconscious and they are all clear now that I have been meditating. So I dont know what to do with myself anymore.
Any tips of what I should do?
I am going to continue to exercise and meditate almost daily, are there any other habits, rituals that could help me?
I really want to become the best I can become which is probably also the reason I am depressed because I am far from that goal, but I feel like build a strong self-esteem my only way to truly enjoy life and experience things to the fullest.

K

KitKat90

It sounds like you are doing a lot of positive changes. Just stick with it and you will get there. I would say except yourself as you are today. Good habits will help you feel better in the long run and you are doing that. Gratitude is a big one. What are the things in your life that you are grateful for? Journal something everyday focus on something positive in your day. It can be something small that your grateful for. Make it a habit and it will help.

Skynet

Skynet

As another poster said, you seem to be going the right direction. :)

Maybe see a psychiatrist and try antidepressants (if you aren't already doing that). Also, therapy and exercise may take more than a few months to work. For a cool meditation app, visit www.wakingup.com.

Etheral

Etheral

Hi again,
I have been meditating for a whole year, I have been seeing a therapist for the 3 months and I have been going to the gym and exercising almost everyday for the past month and a half in an attempt to beat depression and anxiety. But when I reflect my state of mind I feel like I'm the same I was just a year ago, still depressed, still feeling tired with life and just feeling like it's not worth it. I feel weird around my friends, i don't know what to do with myself or act anymore. I don't feel like communicating with my family and feel like I cant hold a conversation. My almost only moments of bliss is when I am in front a computer or tv screen and do not need to listen to my thoughts.
Maybe im just feeling low at the moment and my improvement is unclear, but I know that I still feel weird about life.
One of my other theories is that all my insecurities, my bad habits and my low self-esteem that have been attached to me since starting middle school where subconscious and they are all clear now that I have been meditating. So I dont know what to do with myself anymore.
Any tips of what I should do?
I am going to continue to exercise and meditate almost daily, are there any other habits, rituals that could help me?
I really want to become the best I can become which is probably also the reason I am depressed because I am far from that goal, but I feel like build a strong self-esteem my only way to truly enjoy life and experience things to the fullest.

Healing and changing your mindset isn't just 123. It's an arduous process. And to be honest, 3 months of therapy is really nothing.

You need to keep at it and be patient.