• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Do I really have depression? or is something else wrong?

L

loanshark

I was diagnosed with depression in April 2008 and have had a hard time ever since. I am on my 3rd medication with better results and side effects than the previous ones, but I am just not where I would like to be.

The part that bothers me most about my depression is the thoughts of harming others. When these thoughts intrude into my mind, I get an extreme case of nausea and anxiety sets in. I have done a lot of reading online about depression and nowhere can I find that thoughts of harming others is a symptom of depression. I have had most of the other listed symptoms for derpression though(feeling down, no energy, no appetite, weightloss, anxiety, memory and concentration issues)

Has anybody else experienced these feelings like you are going to harm another person which was related to depression? I am very disturbed by it and am worried my doctors have misdiagnosed me.

S

saffron

Hi
we cannot diagnose but depression and anxiety have many effects on different people.
In what circumstances do you feel like you want to hurt someone? are you just lashing out, frustrated about something or just angered by others?

it takes time to come to terms with a diagnosis and work out what is the best medication, each time you have a side effect let the doctor know, as one side affect could be antisocial based, who knows.

it also takes time to get where you want to be and maybe that is why you feel like hitting out.

also check out ocd as this can include unwanted thoughts and is related to anxiety disorders and depression.

being disturbed and worried about it will only add to the problem, so you should go and see your doctor again maybe.

take care
S

ps, your not really a loanshark are you.

L

loanshark

Thanks for the advice. It is true that it takes time to figure out a medication that works. I am on my 4th, just haven't found one that gets me back to 100%.

Thanks for the reply.

p.s. Im not actually a loan shark, but I do work for a finance company, sort of an inside joke at work.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C I get really anxious going outside, any advice? Anxiety Forum 13
I Feeling really scared Anxiety Forum 3
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Do you feel like something really bad is going to happen to you sometimes? Anxiety Forum 19
Miguel Life/the world is really horrible Anxiety Forum 1
Carol1952 Do you really think that doctors understand our mental illness's? Anxiety Forum 13
K really would like some advice please Anxiety Forum 4
Carol1952 Do you get really bad with anxieties when u r sick.How do you relax? Anxiety Forum 2
S I really need help with my anxiety Anxiety Forum 7
C Really frightened Anxiety Forum 18
S I am really struggling with another type of anxiety and ocd. Anxiety Forum 1
A Really bad anxiety over possible accidental pregnancy Anxiety Forum 7
Mykalgreen95 Really struggling to keep on top of things Anxiety Forum 8
MrBond007 Really anxious that my PC will somehow break if I left it off for a while. Anxiety Forum 16
L I really need help Anxiety Forum 10
W really struggling lately (tw ED, drug use) Anxiety Forum 4
S so I made a mistake and now im having really bad anxiety Any tips? Anxiety Forum 3
C Advice I’m really anxious about this! Anxiety Forum 4
Hyena Im really struggling Anxiety Forum 12
eaglesandcycling I'm really struggling with focus/concentration/procrastination (I suppose this is all some type of anxiety) Anxiety Forum 3
K Really struggling with physical symptoms Anxiety Forum 6
Carol1952 Now I am really upset and anxious Anxiety Forum 12
I In a really bad terrible way Anxiety Forum 8
blog15 What anxiety really is? Anxiety Forum 1
elliepaige20 Does anyone else get really anxious over messaging/social media? Anxiety Forum 6
DMARXX Im now realizing ive got really bad GAD... Anxiety Forum 2
Carol1952 Am I a bad person because I yell so much?I feel really bad about it to. Anxiety Forum 2
T Depression and anxiety Anxiety Forum 5
S Can performance anxiety can lead to a general anxiety/depression? Anxiety Forum 1
L My partner is dealing with depression and doesn't need me in her life anymore. Anxiety Forum 1
bluestar ocean Has anyone had anxiety or depression we're they hardly get out of bed for a few weeks Anxiety Forum 6
bluestar ocean When people have chronic depression, do they find their Face appears to age at all. Or is it just a myth? Anxiety Forum 1
T Anxiety and depression- the feeling of doom Anxiety Forum 4
M Child with anxiety/depression Anxiety Forum 15
B Anxiety and Depression in Ramadan Anxiety Forum 2
S Anxiety and Depression, i don’t know what to do anymore Anxiety Forum 12
W My Partner Suffers from Depression & Anxiety Anxiety Forum 3
J GAD, Health Anxiety & depression Anxiety Forum 3
L Help My Eyes Depression Appts Anxiety Forum 4
kayzee195 Has anyone used CBD to help with anxiety depression illness etc.? Anxiety Forum 4
P Anxiety/depression/lockdown Anxiety Forum 11
K Anxiety/Depression Out of Control Anxiety Forum 1
P Anxiety with side-salad of depression Anxiety Forum 4
W Anxiety, depression and ocd Anxiety Forum 3
N Anxiety and depression from being in a toxic relationship Anxiety Forum 6
B intrusive thoughts, depression, anxiety not coping Anxiety Forum 15
A Anxiety and depression are turning me into someone I don’t wanna be Anxiety Forum 6
J Feeling awful anxiety & depression Anxiety Forum 7
H Identity usurpation and depression Anxiety Forum 4
A Anxiety & Depression Anxiety Forum 3
Ineedhelp2921 Could The Pill be making my anxiety and depression worse? Anxiety Forum 5