• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Do I need to see a psychologist

H

Hannah___

Hey there,
I‘m wondering if I should see a psychologist. Maybe you can help.

I don’t have a Good relationship to my parents. I don’t like my father and actually I’m afraid of him sometimes (it’s not really rational like in situations when he moves fast or hugs me) I did get hit wenn I was younger quite hard sometimes and screaming and insults were a daily occurrence. My father has depression and he is sad that I am distant and sais it’s my fAt the moment I live with my boyfriend. I moved out of my parents house a year ago.
Im okay I can go about my life and everything but I do get angry really easy and my boyfriend sais I interprete everything he sais as an attack. I get really angry at myself sometimes I think about killing myself on a daily basis. It’s not something I would really do because I do want to live but it sometimes just feels like the only way I can let out the anger I have against things I did in the past and things I do now. Accasionally when my parents get angry at me I self harm. I haven’t in quite a while even though I do have the urge sometimes but I can control it.

Sometimes I have bad dreams where I kill myself infront of my entire family and they laugh. Or relive the moment where I was told I destroyed my parents life.

All in all I do feel loved by the people around me, even my parents. They give me enough money and help when I need it. I feel silly thinking I should maybe see a psychologist especially since I can go about my life without any major problems.

Thank you and sorry for venting so much :)

P

Purpleplum

Yes, I think seeing someone for this is definitely a good idea.
You're not going about your life without any major problems like you say. Wanting to kill yourself IS a major problem.

H

Hannah___

Yes, I think seeing someone for this is definitely a good idea.
You're not going about your life without any major problems like you say. Wanting to kill yourself IS a major problem.
Thank you but the thing is I know I’m not actually going to do it it’s just the thought

Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
You should go to a psychologist, anyone can go to get a bit of help. You thoughts aren’t good and talking with a psychologist. So in your case a psychologist can give you a lot of help and support 😊

JessisMe

JessisMe

I think maybe a counselor or therapist would help you. You don’t have to have a PhD in Psychology to be a therapist. Social Workers and those with other advanced degrees can be therapists too. I might try a bit of time with a counselor just to see if it helps with anything. He/she might be able to help you with coping skills to manage the pressures of life some. xo, j