• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

do i need help?

7April7

Hello,
Few years ago I realised i wasn’t happy with my weight so i started counting calories and exercising. Of course it worked at first but i wanted to lose even more so I restricted more, eliminated plenty of foods from my diet, started skipping meals. My friends and my family say i look thin but i am still not satisfied with my weight. I want to get better but I can’t stop counting my calories and panic if i eat more than my target amount of cals a day.I feel guilty if i like the food im eating, i feel like i shouln’t be eating it. I plan every bite i eat for a day, im tired of it and i want to stop. recently I’ve been doing a little better but sometimes I cant stop thinking about the amount of food i eat, how many more calories I should burn etc. I never thought i had an eating disorder but i feel like this mindset isn’t going well for me. I would appreciate if anyone has a suggestion about how to cope with these thoughts. Thank you for reading, sorry if it was all over the place, it was hard for me to explain :)

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hi April7 and welcome to the forums.
I have my own food related issues that is not a formal disorder so I do not have the kind of experience needed to provide you with the best advice here though I’m sure someone who can help you will be by soon. I just wanted to check in and welcome you to the forum and in response to whether you need help for your behavior concerning food and it’s consumption imho the answer is YES. I hope you enjoy your time here. xo, j

A

Am33

When we put lots of intention into something we create a strong program in our minds .The mind works like computer with programing . When thoughts like that come up about eating realize its not you it just the program popping up again and not give it your attention .It will have less, less pull on you by not focusing on it .

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello April and welcome to the forum. In my opinion you need treatment. Please do not worry about that. I do not know how it works in Canada but the best thing would be therapy at an eating disorder clinic. They will be the best people to understand and help you work through your feelings.

K

karl7

i agree you need to get yourself some help quickly.....by the wauy welcome to the forums!