Do I need an evaluation?

V

Viz

Heyo. So recently, my mental health has seemed to spiral out of control. I've gone to several therapists before, but have not stayed with any of them longer than a few visits. However, now it seems to me like I might need a mental evaluation. I've been hearing voices, seeing things at night, have had a complete lack of motivation and self-confidence, paranoia, and an increase in self-harm. It feels like I should probably get checked out before I do something stupid, but I don't know. I'm also scared of the conversation with my parents about health, which I would have to have, seeing as the health insurance is through them. What should I do? Do I need to get an evaluation, or can I wait until something happens to get one? Thanks in advance.

J

johnsmith2222

Im just apatient here man but It sounds to me like you should talk to a Doctor. Why suffer and take the risk of things getting worse. I dont see how your going to really hurt your parents insurance by using it other then like copays or whatever. I dont really know but have you talked to your parents about it?

V

Viz

Well I'm not as worried about their insurance as I am about my relationship with them. A member of our family killed themselves not long ago, and since then they decided I was the cause. So no, I haven't talked to them. If I do, I'm afraid they will completely hate, and disown me. Another thought is they might be happy if something were to happen to me, so I don't think they would help if I asked anyways.