• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

do I have the right to feel this way

G

GD1992

this last week I've had a fairly big setback in my mental health due to a couple of issues with my parents. however working with children with complex issues and looking on some of the threads here have started thinking do i have a 'right' to feel like this i don't have any traumatic past or abusive barriers. so why do i feel this way when i have a house/home, parents and a job.

jajingna

jajingna

I'm not sure there is any right or wrong to how we feel. Right and wrong are ideas, they belong to thinking. Emotion has its own way of operating and doesn't seem to be all that interested in our ideas about it being right, wrong, good, bad, etc.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

In my opinion there is no "you have the right or not" to feel this way. People can still feel badly even if they have everything. The human brain is not perfect and things can go wrong with it.

AnxiousCookieMonster

AnxiousCookieMonster

I truly believe that each person has the right to feel down, like they are struggling or need help regardless of the reason behind it. Just because your problems are not 'as big' as other peoples' that doesn't mean you 'need' to feel a certain way. Whatever the reason behind the way you are feeling is important. You may not have an abusive past, you may have a fairly okay present but that doesn't mean your feelings are not important.