• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Do i have severe emotional attactment?

R

retep123

So i just finished watching a movie that had some deep themes and elements in them. then i thought how messed up i could be. when i was like 4 or 5 i was best friends with this girl but we had a fight or something in a clubv house and never saw eachother again and then i had a rivialry with some girl i went to church with until like the 2nd grade and i never saw her again when i moved but i ran into her in 4th grade and pretended i didnt know her..when i was in 3rd grade i had a crush on this girl i really really thought was beutiful. she ended up moving away and i couldnt stop thinking about her for almost 3 years even though we talked like 5 times in total. then in 7th grade i think this girl liked me and even asked me out. i declined when i secretly have had a crush on her too. in 8th grade we kinda had a thing for eachother but not really then i met this other girl at a football game, we only hugged but i felt a connection with her but never had to guts to ask her out and she wasnt the"perfect girl" for me. fast forward to now, im in 10th grade and cant stop thinking about what could have been with all the girls that i "let go" or whatever. could this be dating back to that fight i had when i was 4 that makes me feel this way?

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi Retep123 and welcome to the forum.

I think it's very natural to wonder what would have happened had certain situations played out differently. I don't know if the way you're feeling dates back to when you were four but I doubt it.

Do you feel comfortable around girls? Perhaps you wish your situation was different now and you consider that you would be in a better position, if only you had acted in another manner in your past?

I think, if you are finding these thoughts and/or regrets are taking over and adversely affecting your day to day life, it might be worth visiting your GP or looking for help. CBT can help with unwanted or intrusive thoughts. Maybe check out some of the many online self-help sites. They might be of some use.

I wish you well.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R I have a severe stammer Mental Health Experiences 8
E Can extreme/severe loneliness cause brain damage? Mental Health Experiences 4
K Severe paranoia? Mental Health Experiences 6
M Severe abandonment issues, can’t live like this Mental Health Experiences 15
G Severe head pain feels like brain is bleeding Mental Health Experiences 2
Newstartformetoday Does anyone get severe Fasciculations? Mental Health Experiences 5
Azelka Severe anxiety Mental Health Experiences 1
H Abuse anxiolitics, severe cognitive problems Mental Health Experiences 1
M My boyfriend has severe depression. Help! Mental Health Experiences 1
S I cannot continue my relationship with my girlfriend due to severe depression and anxiety Mental Health Experiences 3
C Waking up with severe anxiety out of nowhere? sensory overload etc Mental Health Experiences 1
L Can't go back to work due to severe anxiety and depression Mental Health Experiences 3
C Severe anxiety, depression + severe memory problems Mental Health Experiences 1
C Marching band with severe mental illness?? Mental Health Experiences 3
P severe distress with noise and ptsd may trigger Mental Health Experiences 1
J severe anger management issues Mental Health Experiences 5
H Severe anxiety within mood disorder/bpd Mental Health Experiences 3
R Severe Mood swings and Believing imaginary world? Mental Health Experiences 7
calmleaves ***TRIGGER WARNING: discussed animal cruelty*** my family abused my emotional support animal. Mental Health Experiences 12
I undiagnosed and cant take being invalidated anymore (TW:self harm, suicide attempts, blood, mentions of emotional abuse + neglect and physical abuse) Mental Health Experiences 1
jajingna Is an emotional problem also a medical problem? Mental Health Experiences 5
jajingna Childhood Emotional Neglect (CEN) Questions Mental Health Experiences 6
O Childhood emotional neglect Mental Health Experiences 5
N Why Are Emotional People Mocked And Bullied(TRIGGER WARNING) Mental Health Experiences 3
J Emotional abandonment Mental Health Experiences 1
G HELP. How can I overcome emotional numbness and anhedonia? Mental Health Experiences 3
Q Unclear memory and emotional abuse Mental Health Experiences 11
O Do I have high end autism or am I just really emotional due to something I know about? Mental Health Experiences 4
jajingna Emotional pain Mental Health Experiences 6
G Emotional abuse Mental Health Experiences 6
N TOO EMOTIONAL Mental Health Experiences 10
A childhood emotional abuse affecting you later on? Mental Health Experiences 9
C Strong emotional pain upper chest Mental Health Experiences 4
Sapphire Radiance Help, is this emotional abuse? Or is it normal? Mental Health Experiences 5
Topcat Emotional numbing Mental Health Experiences 1
S I'm traumatised; emotional sensitivity, body image, self worth, and identity. Mental Health Experiences 1
H Anxiety, mental fogginess, emptiness, emotional disconnect, social estrangement... Mental Health Experiences 2
A is this considered emotional abuse? also, unwanted/intrusive memories? Mental Health Experiences 4
L Emotional intensity limit? Mental Health Experiences 1
D Emotional Support Animals Mental Health Experiences 3
M Mention emotional/physical numbness at health center? Mental Health Experiences 3
S emotional distress Mental Health Experiences 3
C innapropriate emotional responses causing guilt Mental Health Experiences 3
Nikita Help please am in emotional and mental distress! Mental Health Experiences 85
D Emotional distress with girlfriend Mental Health Experiences 8
U Does anyone else get emotional when listening to classical music? Or am I just unstable? Mental Health Experiences 10
S My emotional bad dream Mental Health Experiences 5
amathus Your Emotional Type Quiz. Mental Health Experiences 18
S Will my brain let me form emotional attachments again without forcefully erasing them? Mental Health Experiences 2
cpuusage Emotional Suppression/Unhealthy Emotional Expression leading to mental illness Mental Health Experiences 36