• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Do I have schizophrenia or is it anxiety?

nenexx

nenexx

Hello there. Before telling me to see a psychiatrist read whole topic because I have already seen two and they told me that it is just anxiety and they gave me Xanax 0.5 mg daily. All my schizophrenia tests were negative, all people that I know told me that I dont have it, and even two psychiatrist told me that I am fine. So what has been basically happening?

I am afriad that I will hear something external what others wont, because I am hearing thoughts or sentences in my head that I know that are in head and that they are internal but I am scared that it is not normal. This usually happens few times a day, but it it is the worst at night when I am falling asleep, then in my head I will hear music, dialogues, sentences, imagining pictures in my head and basically I cant fall asleep because the more Im falling asleep louder these things get in head. I usually play music and then I fall asleep, because without it, my brain works 300 miles per hour when I am falling asleep.

I am afriad that this is not normal, that this is schizophrenia, that if it isnt schizophenia that I will develop it in the future. Also I do not think that others can read my mind, that i am being watched, that people are poisoning me, that people are talking to me who are not there, i do not think that i have super powers. Also I dont hear voices who tells me to do anything or who I can talk to, I just hear loud thoughts which are followed by sentences in my head and sometimes I am afriad that I have heard it external even if I knoe its in head...

Doctors told me that people with schizophrenia , wouldnt go to doctor on their own after 5 days like I did, that they dont know that they are ill and that I will mever develop it.

I am suffering from panic attacks and anxiety!!

Please help, when im typing this I am so scared that I will hear something and even if that happens, when I pay attention, I dont hear a thing. If happens mostly whe n falling asleep.

IT DOES NOT HAPPEN : When i am outside with friends, when Im listening to music and when I am fully concerned on them.

IT HAPPENS: When I am tired, when I am falling asleep, and out of blue...

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

@nenexx, a lot of people hear voices as there falling asleep they are called hypnagogic sounds. Google (or use a search engine of your choice, other's are available) the term.

nenexx

nenexx

Well these sounds aren't voices, they are internal they do have voice, but it is the same voice as you would imagine someone talking...
Is this schizophrenia, psychiatrist told me that it isn't and all tests are negative.

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

If the Psychiatrist told you don't have Schizophrenia then you don't. I was hospitalised a few times within a couple of years with psychosis and still didn't get a Schizophrenia diagnosis until the end of the second year.

You are developing health anxiety about having Schizophrenia, most Schizophrenics when ill don't know they are ill (I do but that's something else).

nenexx

nenexx

If the Psychiatrist told you don't have Schizophrenia then you don't. I was hospitalised a few times within a couple of years with psychosis and still didn't get a Schizophrenia diagnosis until the end of the second year.

You are developing health anxiety about having Schizophrenia, most Schizophrenics when ill don't know they are ill (I do but that's something else).
Yeah I 've heard that alot of times... I am basically monitoring every thought and every loud sound that gets in my head... My psychiatrist was so sure that I am okay, the he made next appointment for 40 days...

nenexx

nenexx

But I am extremely scared... I have panic attacks and anxiety, he even didn't want to give me antidepressants because he is sure that I am fine, and he is one of the best doctors in my country... Primarily, this is happening when I am falling asleep, and when it happens i get butterfly in my stomach and my heart starts to race.... so scared of this feeling...... Because that is happening when im falling asleep, my next day is ruined and all i think about is schizophrenia and hearing voices and thoughts...

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

@nenexx, I don't hear voices in the traditional sense but I do hear people talk about me while out and about and I have seen people who aren't there, I'm lucky the right meds kill these symptoms completely but I still have residual paranoid thoughts. I was monitoring every sound and voice I heard in the street and giving people paranoid looks while waiting for the meds to kick in (happens really fast with me). It's like I was hyper vigilant against having distortions of perception, your doing the same with your own thought processes, relax a bit mate, go gank some noobs in CSGO and whatever else you do to chill.

nenexx

nenexx

@nenexx, I don't hear voices in the traditional sense but I do hear people talk about while out and about and I have seen people who aren't there, I'm lucky the right meds kill these symptoms completely but I still have residual paranoid thoughts. I was monitoring every sound and voice I heard in the street and giving people paranoid looks while waiting for the meds to kick in (happens really fast with me). It's like I was hyper vigilant against having distortions of perception, your doing the same with your own thought processes, relax a bit mate, go gank some noobs in CSGO and whatever else you do to chill.
Well this does not happen when I am listening to music, when I am outside with my friends, and when I am concetrating on these thoughts and when I am asking myself do I hear them..
IT just pops in my head for example it would be sentence "it is warm", or song in head that is keep playing, basically something that has nothing to do with my life, and makes no sense but this has never happened to me before and that is why i am scared............... Doctors told me I have nothing to worry about but it is scary... I mean I can sleep if i play some song, but I can't go forever to sleep with playing songs on my headphones, just to prevent these sentences or dialogues I dont know what they are called but it sucks...
Also I hear literally everything, and I am so hyperaware of everything, I miss nothing.

H

haystack

I am sorry you are scared...I think I started doubting my sanity in the beginning and went to a psychiatrist and they accepted me in the mental ward because they thought I was delusional, which I was...later when I went off my meds, I was delusional for almost a year before I stabilized in a state hospital.

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

@nenexx, I'm a Buddhist and have been studying my mind the way the Buddha did in meditation a couple of hours a day for ten years. Random stuff pops up from the unconcious mind all the time. It's not SZ, if a top Doctor told me I wasn't ill I'd believe him, it's his job. I think you are suffering from anxiety about it, though.

nenexx

nenexx

I am sorry you are scared...I think I started doubting my sanity in the beginning and went to a psychiatrist and they accepted me in the mental ward because they thought I was delusional, which I was...later when I went off my meds, I was delusional for almost a year before I stabilized in a state hospital.
What do you think about my case, I know I am not delusional, I dont have any false beliefs... I dont think that people are plotting to get me, to kill me, to spy on me,to posion me, to read their thoughts, to control me, to talk to any voice, I dont have anything from that, only this what I have described... I immidiately consulted doctor and he told me that it is just anxiety...

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

What do you think about my case, I know I am not delusional, I dont have any false beliefs... I dont think that people are plotting to get me, to kill me, to spy on me,to posion me, to read their thoughts, to control me, to talk to any voice, I dont have anything from that, only this what I have described... I immidiately consulted doctor and he told me that it is just anxiety...
Those are symptoms of Schizophrenia, if you don't have them you don't have delusions you don't have Schizophrenia.

nenexx

nenexx

Those are symptoms of Schizophrenia, if you don't have them you don't have delusions you don't have Schizophrenia.
Well yeah, I dont have any of them, I dont have any doubt about that, but these "loud popping thoughts" are killing me and making me that I think i will develop it. I am scared that soon I will think that this comes outside from the head rather than thinking that it comes from inside the head as I do now. Also it could be 10 hours that I dont have them, and suddenly it pops in my head, especially when falling asleep.

Also my doctor has told me that people with schizophrenia rarely consult their doctor asap, it usually happens a lot later because people with schizophrenia think that it is normal or they dont know what it is happening and they dont fear it. He also told me that they belive that everything is from outside their head, and that there has never been one guy with schizophrenia that consulted his doctor on his own, it usually happens when family force him... because of their fales belives

nenexx

nenexx

Does anyone else have any idea is it SZ or ANXIETY?