• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Do I have more than standard anxiety?

D

Dayna

I have struggled with anxiety and depression for a few years now, it started when my dad attempted suicide. I have since struggled with controlling my emotions and started to try various tablets prescribed from the doctor, I also tried online counselling and self help using silver cloud but didn't work. I feel my symptoms are a lot stronger than the standard anxiety, I can't control my anger or upset and cry over the silliest things which I don't understand why, I have smashed two phones out of anger and often feel the urge to lash out, again for no obvious reason. My partner leaves me to calm down but I get so paranoid and give myself panic attacks feeling as though he is going to leave or I will tell him I am leaving and instantly regret my decision, this is over nothing major just a small disagreement. I can do this a few times a week or my moods will switch multiple times each day. My partner is struggling to put up with my moods but when I go to the doctors they make me feel as though its normal for someone with anxiety to go through these things but I've spoken to my dad who suffers with severe mental health and he and my partner thing I have bpd. Is this normal anxiety or should I seek a second opinion from my other doctor? My symptoms are getting worse as years go by and I would like to control my behaviour and paranoia.

Z

Zoe1

hi Dayna :welcome: !

I think assuming they got the medication right
then you might need to actually talk to someone
have a look into what phone lines are available

I'm pretty sure I would be feeling the same way
if I didnt have any talking therapy

I hope you find this forum helpful

:grouphug:🎵🍀🌻🌅

J

Jamalam420

It sounds very similar to my life going back over the last few years and I am diagnosed BPD, particularly the part about you saying you are leaving then instantly regretting your decision, I’ve done this countless times to my partner. I would mention BPD to your doctor and if he fobs you off seek a second opinion because if you do have BPD the only real help is the right kind of therapy, hope this helps, stay strong

LittleMissNameless

LittleMissNameless

Any anxiety that interferes with your daily life is abnormal and is a diagnosable condition if it persists past 6 months.

D

Dayna

hi Dayna :welcome: !

I think assuming they got the medication right
then you might need to actually talk to someone
have a look into what phone lines are available

I'm pretty sure I would be feeling the same way
if I didnt have any talking therapy

I hope you find this forum helpful

:grouphug:🎵🍀🌻🌅
Is it best to speak to a doctor or book an appt with a therapist? I've never tried therapy in person (ofc would be online right now) as I have always relied on doctors opinion!

Passionflower

Passionflower

It is best to book an appointment with your GP first to get a diagnosis from a psychiatrist. Then if it is BPD they can signpost you to the right therapy.