• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Do i have depression or just dramatic

N

nybound

Hi, I don't really know if i'm doing this correctly since it's my first time writing here. I just really need to get some advice and this forum seems like the right place for it. For the past 5-6 months I've been feeling... I don't even know what i feel anymore. I cried sometimes without knowing exactly why. I'm always tired, like it's even hard to just keep my back straight. It gets to the point where I couldn't bring myself to reply to a text, or wish someone a happy birthday cause it's just too exhausting. I noticed that I get irritated easily, but at the same time i feel like i don't really give a damn. I rather sleep then do things i used to enjoy. I sometimes feel like I want to just disappear / evaporate if possible. I get sudden heart palpitations sometimes, also the feeling of losing control over my own body, like i'm going to die really soon for just a few minutes (i always bring a pulse oximeter with me because of this). The thing is i'm not sure if what I'm feeling is actually a sign of mental illness or i'm just being dramatic. I've talked to some psychologists (all of them are online because of pandemic), and they all told me that I just need to take a day off for myself, reward myself by buying something i've always wanted or do things i genuinely enjoy, or give myself butterfly hug once in a while. I tried all of it and it doesn't seem to work. Am I doing it wrong? Should i talk to a psychiatrist instead? Can I actually overcome this by myself?

J

Jono

Hi, I don't really know if i'm doing this correctly since it's my first time writing here. I just really need to get some advice and this forum seems like the right place for it. For the past 5-6 months I've been feeling... I don't even know what i feel anymore. I cried sometimes without knowing exactly why. I'm always tired, like it's even hard to just keep my back straight. It gets to the point where I couldn't bring myself to reply to a text, or wish someone a happy birthday cause it's just too exhausting. I noticed that I get irritated easily, but at the same time i feel like i don't really give a damn. I rather sleep then do things i used to enjoy. I sometimes feel like I want to just disappear / evaporate if possible. I get sudden heart palpitations sometimes, also the feeling of losing control over my own body, like i'm going to die really soon for just a few minutes (i always bring a pulse oximeter with me because of this). The thing is i'm not sure if what I'm feeling is actually a sign of mental illness or i'm just being dramatic. I've talked to some psychologists (all of them are online because of pandemic), and they all told me that I just need to take a day off for myself, reward myself by buying something i've always wanted or do things i genuinely enjoy, or give myself butterfly hug once in a while. I tried all of it and it doesn't seem to work. Am I doing it wrong? Should i talk to a psychiatrist instead? Can I actually overcome this by myself?
I think you are suffering from depression but I’m no doctor so I would suggest you speak to yours as soon as you can and see s what happens . Good luck😀

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

I think you may be suffering from depression, especially since you made these statements:

I don't even know what i feel anymore.

I cried sometimes without knowing exactly why.

I'm always tired...

...at the same time i feel like i don't really give a damn.

I rather sleep then do things i used to enjoy.

I sometimes feel like I want to just disappear / evaporate if possible.

You may also be suffering from anxiety, especially health anxiety, since you talk about your concern for your health. I would see a psychiatrist and voice your concerns.

T

treasurebox

You have the symptoms of having a depression. It will be good for you to see a psychiatric doctor.