• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Do I have deppression?

M

mat70x

There is something wrong with me, I don't know what? Maybe its deppression, or something else, how can you get diagnosed if you find it impossable to explane to the doctor what it is you feel?
One minute Im happy and then litrally a second later Im misrable and I snap at people, for no reason whatsoever.
I don't go out, I find it hard to make friends, as I feel people are judging me all the time and I think I irritate people, I have suicidal thoughts everyday, I cry for no reason, yet other times I can be normal and happy... Does anyone else suffer this and if they do what is it? Im fed up with being like this and I want my life back.:(

elvis the cat

elvis the cat

hi i'm new to this site but recognize what ur feeling & it sounds like u have depression . I know what ur feeling coz most of the time thats exactley how i feel . ( sorry 4 bad spelling) :unsure:

K

kt456

I think it is really important to visit the doctor. If you find it difficult to explain then maybe show him/her what you have written here? Or you could say you think you might be depressed but you don't know how to explain how you feel and let the doctor ask you questions to identify it.

Good luck :)

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Hi... Although none of us can diagnose on here.. its a really good place to get info. Prob worth a trip to the GP.. In the mean time take care and :welcome: to the forum

Intel

elvis the cat

elvis the cat

hi sorry forgot to say i 've been to the drs .firstly he put me on fluoxetine 60 mg because i was on that dose about 18 months ago when i was first diognosed. i think i have had depression for most of my life .fluox did not work & he put me on metazepine .

wow did that make me sleep ,still feeling v down & at times suicidal .:redface:

Eleison

Eleison

How about getting some therapy or counselling?

elvis the cat

elvis the cat

Hi yeah i just started having sessions with my local community mental health team . i am setting myself small but managable goals as i am now also having issues with anxiety. i am finding that if i do go out i start to panic &just want to go back home .:unsure: . Ifeel that i'm just being stupid .:grouphug:

Q

quality factor

Hi there,...you are not being stupid, your feelings are very real to you.
I have been in that situation for many years and have periodic bouts when the very same feelings you describe come back to me. How do I deal with it?...try to do small tasks at a time, try to be with people/surroundings that I feel more comfortable with, a bit of positive thinking..what's the worst thing that could happen to me, how will I deal with it...try to have a back-up plan that you can put in place if you need to.

Good luck,
QF.

elvis the cat

elvis the cat

Hi QF thanks for your support & advice i'm taking one day at a time and am begining to have a few good days rather than feeling bad every day . I am usually the sort of person that won't let anything beat me that includes my depression .
one thing i realized is that i have to put me first for a change & not be so hard on myself if i do not manage a goal i set myself.
just try again another day progress maybe slow but i will get there one day .:clap:

O

olan

if your having trouble looking for friends. just make your self busy every time you feel depressed. like chatting out here! i know you're having fun out here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Depression Forum 15