Do i have depersonalisation disorder

G

goose182

Hi guys, so for the past 5 months i have been feeling very strange and not myself, I've been feeling a bit empty inside and very disconnected from people and myself. I notice I am doing the same things as I've always done, like laugh at the same things, but when i do these things it all just feels off and not normal, and i tend to get this horrible feeling in my head, which isn't brought on by anything, and just constantly think over and over why don't i feel like myself. In addition i have these mood swings daily, but even then the emotions don't feel the same. I think its due to the fact that 5 months ago i did some magic mushrooms with my friends, and the experience was good, but towards the end I did some weed, and i think it triggered a panic attack as my mood completely changed and i was very scared and felt down, in addition about a month later i tried LSD and again the majority of it was fun, but on the comedown, the thought that i don't feel like myself came back and it was horrible, and since then I've just felt very disconnected from my friends and family and especially myself, and the emotions i feel, feel very alien. Ive been to the my doctors twice about it, and they say I'm just having a bit of anxiety about it, and need to stop thinking about it, which could be true, but the past 5 months the mentality that i don't feel like myself has been in the back of my mind from the minute i wake up to the moment before i sleep, and so i find it hard to just forget, and despite what the doctors have been saying, i do feel that the panic attack i think i had from the mushrooms and weed has triggered the way I'm feeling. Sorry for a long message and if its confusing, its just very hard to describe, but any advice or conclusions you have from this would be very helpful. thank you:)

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

Well it could be deersonalization,but whether it's a 'disorder' or not,IDK.It couod be depression,anxety or one of many other things.

Have you considered talking to a therapist about it?

G

goose182

hi thanks for commenting back, and I'm not sure how to get a hold of one, I've been to my GP twice and they've never recommended me to see a therapist but i think it would be a good idea.

T

Twokiwisandabanana

Go back and ask for one....
If not Google low cost councelling 7 pounds a session and ongoing assuming your in the UK.