Do i have bipolar?or what?

F

ffleaderman24

At a young age i became fixated on fantasy and would go into my own little fantasy land. For example i would die and marry a computer game character and all the game characters were my real friends and i would be with them in heaven. I would get really hyperactive at times and start jumping up and down with a sock and would be fantasising about fights and all sorts. I developed OCD which i have been diagnosed with. Well at 18 i had a psychotic episode, i heard voices, had delusions and went nuts. I was put on the antipsychotic olanzapine up to the maximum dose which i'm on now. The psychiatrist did not diagnose me with schizophrenia or bipolar. I was put on antidepressents prozac and went insane in a good way, euphoria, bouncing of the walls, talking to myself pacing back and forth for hours discussing how great my life is and how incredible i feel. Listening to music and breaking out in spontaneous dancing and head banging. I came of the antidepressent and developed depression. Now i'm back on them citalopram, euphoria, spontaneous dancing, weird mouth movements, random smiling, bouncing up and down while smoking a ciggerette while pacing back and forth. It feels great but the euphoria can get too much. Is this normal for an antidepressent? or am i showing signs of bipolar or schizophrenia?

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya

I have just answered your other thread. No one here can diagnose you. It is possible for someone to see a whole lot of symptoms and not see other things that are going on as well. Anyone can say, yes that sounds a little like bipolar, but you need an expert to look at everything. There are a lot of things which could be going on here. The fact you had a psychotic episode does not actually necessarily relate to this. It is possible to have a psychotic episode and never have one again.

So all I will say is keep a diary of your feelings, not writing pages and pages, just how you feel four times a day. Put in if you feel normal too. Keep it to bullet points and write any thoughts going on. Note any pressures on you or stressors. Go to a GP or pdoc and ask them to assess you. xx

F

ffleaderman24

Thankyou calypso i will keep notes on all my symptoms and will tell my psych nurse asap.

loulabelle

loulabelle

At a young age i became fixated on fantasy and would go into my own little fantasy land. For example i would die and marry a computer game character and all the game characters were my real friends and i would be with them in heaven. I would get really hyperactive at times and start jumping up and down with a sock and would be fantasising about fights and all sorts. I developed OCD which i have been diagnosed with. Well at 18 i had a psychotic episode, i heard voices, had delusions and went nuts. I was put on the antipsychotic olanzapine up to the maximum dose which i'm on now. The psychiatrist did not diagnose me with schizophrenia or bipolar. I was put on antidepressents prozac and went insane in a good way, euphoria, bouncing of the walls, talking to myself pacing back and forth for hours discussing how great my life is and how incredible i feel. Listening to music and breaking out in spontaneous dancing and head banging. I came of the antidepressent and developed depression. Now i'm back on them citalopram, euphoria, spontaneous dancing, weird mouth movements, random smiling, bouncing up and down while smoking a ciggerette while pacing back and forth. It feels great but the euphoria can get too much. Is this normal for an antidepressent? or am i showing signs of bipolar or schizophrenia?
i had this whilst on AD i was diagnosed with antidepressent induced hypomania not saying that is what u have, it was not pleasent i do not get prescribed AD any more !!!!!!