• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

do i have anxiety

S

sun123

hey guys im new and i found out that this is a forum and i'd just like to ask if i have anxiety or not (what do u guys think). i never talked to anyone about my feelings so i never got a real diagnosis. but since i was young i was always a perfectionist and anxious over small things. i told myself i was just introverted as well because i hated going into public or talking to new people. i always have cold hands and feet and have weird habits like biting my nails or hurting myself. sometimes i have weird feelings and want to cry because i'm worried about something but i don't even know what the thing is that's worrying me. i also overthink a lot about what people mean when they say things. or i just think someone genuinely died or got in an explosion when their wifi just broke. sometimes i feel invalidated by my parents because when i say it to them as a hint that i might have it they refuse because i'm relatively high-functioning. so i don't know what to do

Foxjo

Foxjo

Hi and welcome to the forum
You can have anxiety and still be high functioning. Anxiety can manefest in many ways including thinking the worst when something out of the ordinary happens. I tend to do this too, i have to have an eta of when people are coming to see me or leaving me and if they are late i automatically think that they have been in a car accident and are dead.

You can get therapy that can help challenge your anxiety, i have been on a course of CBT and that helped me a lot. Im not cured by any means but i try and challenge the thoughts when they happen. First step i would suggest is to see your doctor and tell them what you have said here.
Hugs
Fox

E

EstherRose94

or i just think someone genuinely died or got in an explosion when their wifi just broke.

That’s me right there. I have general anxiety disorder (GAD). And I am the queen of assuming someone’s dead without good reason. You should bring this up to your regular doctor during your next visit and then they can refer you for therapy.