Do I have anxiety?

M

mockingbird354

Already posted a very long winded post (sorry) but I just want clarification over whether it's worth going to the doctors for possible anxiety.
I have panic attacks atleast once a week, but usually around 3-5 times a week. By panic attacks I mean quickened breathing (and then feeling like I can't breath), overwhelming negative emotions, crying a lot and sweaty shaky hands. These panic attacks happen whenever I try to talk to someone about my anxious feelings (somewhat ironic) and also in social situations where I feel I am unwanted, at fear of rejection or being laughed at. They also come when I feel I've let someone down, or that I'm a bad person and sometimes I get them randomly where I don't know why! I also have random bouts of paranoia such as getting the overwhelming feeling I'm being followed to the point I run home crying. I'm constantly worrying about my mental health now, on top of all the other things I worry about: my likeability, my self worth, saying no to people, falling ill, being followed or hurt by others.
Is it worth seeing a doctor or am I over exaggerating ? Thanks

Zardos

Zardos

...Is it worth seeing a doctor or am I over exaggerating ? Thanks
Sounds to me like you have got good reason to go to the doctors... And even if you didn't.. Wheres the harm ?

You're not going to know until you've been... So i say go :)

M

mockingbird354

Thank you! Well in my irrational mind, the harm comes from the fact that if I'm rejected and told there's nothing wrong with me, then I really am just an over dramatic ghastly person :(

burt tomato

burt tomato

Its okay to be bad mocking bird. Our personalities have different sides. If it feels good run with it, if you get scared say fuck it and march on.

I think you are quite charming in your posts bTW

M

mockingbird354

Hello again! I don't think it's okay to be bad, how could it ever be okay to be bad? It's hard to say fuck it and march on, even if I tell myself to do so I still have panic attacks and self doubt. Thank you, you're also charming, wish I could have your outlook on life

Zardos

Zardos

Thank you! Well in my irrational mind, the harm comes from the fact that if I'm rejected and told there's nothing wrong with me, then I really am just an over dramatic ghastly person :(
Well one of your problems could be described as a fear of rejection.. But don't let that stop ya.. You should be free to go to the doctors if you have genuine concerns.. And if your doctor is so uncouth he actually says there's 'nothing wrong' with you and you're wasting his time.. Then you need a better doctor.. You can't diagnose youself at home.. You need a professional opinion.. hes just a doctor.. hes not God.. There are plenty of other doctors out there..

But we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves.. Go see him.. Give him a chance.. You're not wasting his time... You have genuine concerns

go for it ! :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
buzzbuzz Anxiety Forum 4
O Anxiety Forum 2
Justafriend95 Anxiety Forum 9
E Anxiety Forum 6
H Anxiety Forum 8