• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Do I have anxiety or having a panic attack?

E

Elohim

The last two weeks I sometimes have this weird feeling. Just out of nowhere I feel som sort of pressure in my chest and/or stomach and sometimes my hands start shaking a little bit. I've had this 3 times this week alone.

Sometimes this is out of nowhere but mostly it is when I think about going to friends or a party of some sort. Or when I think about one of my jobs.

I am a assistent clubmanager at my local footballclub and sometimes a referee. And whenever there is a possibility that I need to go there I can get these symptoms and feel real scared of that place. I personally think that it is because I have the feeling that most of the people there dont like me or even hate me. They think that I am being bossy, arrogant and know everything better then them and they start mocking me and a while ago I found out that some of them have nicknames for me. I dont understand why it scares me so much because I have been a referee there for 2 years every week and a assistant clubmanager for a year now and it never bothered me before. But Im not even sure if this is why I get scared and shaking hands when I think about that place. Because as I said earlier, I have this out of nowhere sometimes.

And I have no clue why I feel this whenever I go to my friends or a party.

Is this a form of anxiety or panic attack? And why am I only experiencing it the last two weeks. It gets to the point where I cant focus on my other job. I also have a thread on the depression forum because this is not the only thing I struggle with lately and the support I got there actually made me feel a little bit better. So I hoped that the same would happen here.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I think i would feel very uncomfortable and anxious if people at work were saying things about me. Do you have friends at work who like you and are nice and supportive? If so, you can ignore the stupid people.

The anxiety/panic with going to social events, again i feel like that too. I have always felt nervous walking in to a party. Can you have your own parties and invite people over? When people come over to my house, it is less stressful for me.

The fact that you are only just starting to feel this way could be for many reasons. Maybe you are run down at the moment, maybe a bit depressed, or maybe you have not been looking after yourself properly such as putting yourself under too much stress.

I find that ongoing stress, not eating well, not resting enough, affects me.

Whatever is wrong don't push yourself to do things but listen to your body. If it is telling you to rest then maybe you should do that.

E

Elohim

I think i would feel very uncomfortable and anxious if people at work were saying things about me. Do you have friends at work who like you and are nice and supportive? If so, you can ignore the stupid people.

The anxiety/panic with going to social events, again i feel like that too. I have always felt nervous walking in to a party. Can you have your own parties and invite people over? When people come over to my house, it is less stressful for me.

The fact that you are only just starting to feel this way could be for many reasons. Maybe you are run down at the moment, maybe a bit depressed, or maybe you have not been looking after yourself properly such as putting yourself under too much stress.

I find that ongoing stress, not eating well, not resting enough, affects me.

Whatever is wrong don't push yourself to do things but listen to your body. If it is telling you to rest then maybe you should do that.
There are a few people there who are nice to me, but Im always busy there and walking from one place to the other so I almost never see them.

I can invite people, but its as stresfull as going somewhere else.

And the last few nights I slept real good but I still have those symptoms. And there is a posibbility that I have a depression but thats just what people replyed on my depression thread. I have not seen a proffesional or anything.

B

Berg

Hi Elohim

It’s anticipatory anxiety. I would recommend having a chat with your doctor to see if there is any way this be treated (and there will be lots of options for you - don’t worry!) it can be debilitating and get worse without treatment so speak to your GP and don’t be afraid to get some support! :)